New Avp Backpack Almost Finished

Thanks Gene... Actually nice to have the time to be able to work more under a timeline... Plus, I'm pretty much exclusively using Wedclay now for all my sculpts, so I'm kinda forced work a little more quickly than I have in the past.

Dude that's quality.

How do you get those stipple effects on it ??? What tools do you use ????

Well, that's the tough part. Actually, an easy tool, but a real time consuming pain in the arse... I use the tip of a 1/4" guitar cord and every one of the stippled dots are put in by hand, just lightly tapping into the clay... so I figure I tapped the scupt with that little tip probably about 20,000 times yesterday... Maybe more... I guess I could estimate how many taps I do in a square inch and then calculate it. I know there are much quicker ways to texture with stamps, etc, but I think it's a unique look and it really takes weathering very nicely when painting so I put the extra time into doing it the way I do it. Thank... glad you like it.

Hey Scott the mob demands updates! :D

LOL... the mob will have to wait a few more days... We need to remold it, due to an issue with mold number one. Actually more of a mothermold issue and now that it broke, the silicone mold doesn't fit exactly perfectly into it... yada, yada, yada... lol Anyway, I'm just awaiting more silicone to arrive, as I don't have quite enough for a full remold and I know what my issue was with the mother mold shell, so won't make that mistake twice. I did pull one casting which is going to Jsweeny and they're going to do the minor repair work on their end. I hope to have a good casting up and painted in about a week.

You tell 'em Scott! Progress it seems is measured in inches rather than feet these past couple o' years. Too much going on. Nice work.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back