New Avengers Trailer...Power Sword?!?

KMosher

I watched the new Avengers Trailer and there is a shot of an exotic, Asgar-esque spiked weapon in the foreground of a S.H.E.I.L.D. room with the Avengers standing around in the background. It has a glowing blue power core in the center of it, with spiked blades surrounding it. It looks very wicked!

Does anyone know any information about it? I'd like to make it somehow, as more pictures become available. By the looks of the trailer, the weapon is has an important role in the film's plot.

1:10 in this video, just for a second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDV-t5sgDgI

Its loki's staff. He was seen fighting with it in some of the leaked set videos/pictures as seen here

Don't know much else other than that. ha

There's a rumor that the blue stone in Loki's Staff is one of the stones from the Infinity Gauntlet. The blue gem, which is the one that appears to be in his Staff, is the Mind Gem, and allows the user to greatly strengthen and enhance mental and psionic power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. When combined with the Power Gem (green), the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously.

This seems plausible, given that the Infinity Gauntlet was briefly seen in Odin's vault in Thor.

Side Note: This should settle the debates about Iron Man having a round vs. triangular arc reactor.

Great trailer, there should be a lot of awesome new props coming in the future because of this movie.

There's a rumor that the blue stone in Loki's Staff is one of the stones from the Infinity Gauntlet. The blue gem, which is the one that appears to be in his Staff, is the Mind Gem, and allows the user to greatly strengthen and enhance mental and psionic power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. When combined with the Power Gem (green), the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously.

This seems plausible, given that the Infinity Gauntlet was briefly seen in Odin's vault in Thor.

Great point. Makes alot of sense with Loki's already formitable powers of illusion.

Side Note: This should settle the debates about Iron Man having a round vs. triangular arc reactor.

Great trailer, there should be a lot of awesome new props coming in the future because of this movie.
it actually doesnt :(

im with you, i dont see a point why they should go back to round, but that model seems a bitl placeholdery just for the trailer, its basicly a mk3 with upgrades. they did it with the last trailer too, so im not sure about this :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back