new and need help

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by ZombieTyler, May 22, 2012.

1. ZombieTyler

ZombieTyler New Member

I just join this site. I thought this would be the best place to find help in my EVA foam suit i am creating. I am make an all original suit. I have found a lot of help with everything but the chest piece. I have seen the use of pepakura but I was wondering if there is another way. Mainly case the computer i use is so old it wont support the program. But anyways is there anyone that can explain an easy and yet nice way to make the chest and how to form it correctly. The last one i made is way to small. Any help would be great. I know i sound dumb but I dont know how to really explian what i need. Hit me up and maybe i can explain better.

2. Whetstone

Whetstone New Member

Since you are using EVA foam. I would start with a paper pattern over your own chest, using cardboard or poster board, or if you can find a mannequin with your same measurements that would be the best way to do it.

3. ZombieTyler

ZombieTyler New Member

That what I end up doing with poster boad. I am mainly trying to figure out what would the best way to do the chest piece. I really like the iron man i have seen others do, but just stumped on how to get it a soild piece like that. I know most of it is cut and glued togeather. this is also my first time using eva foam. I will post some pics soon of what I have done so everyone can give me some pointers. But thanks for the input!!!