New Amazing Spiderman Suit Project ---Sample Pics---

Well I have to say I am still a little hesitant as I hate to post pics until something is done. But in under two weeks the new partners we are working with are getting work done on a level and at a speed we couldnt have hoped for.

At the speed they are going I expect the complete suit should be done in two to three weeks and at a very high level. The detail we are getting is very, very close to the original and as we get the prototype done I'm hoping other artists here will chime in with any thoughts on the work in hopes that it will make the project as close to the original as possible. We will be doing sizes, the shell, the shoes, lenses, possibly even the muscle undersuit.

Guys if this goes like it feels like it is the sky is the limit. Silicone inks, raised inks, even experimenting with screen printing urethane's. Very, very, exciting times.

Again we are not there until we are there and it could still just not happen, but its looking good.

photo2.jpg

WOW, will be keeping an eye on this! I don't think I've seen a reboot suit that wasn't just a print yet, although those have been really good too. Any chance you'll be doing a run of these?

WOW!!!

OK wait can't this process be applied to make the raised webs for the old Spiderman costume? Imagine having custom size suits with printed on raised webs without the headache of gluing the webs and accomodate almost most size, that would be Amazing!

GFollano

@GFollano,

I do believe thick film technology can only go so far, you could do it raised.. but you could not get the clean beveled profile which at least is on the spiderman 2 and 3 version 3D webs.

You can get the bevel, you can do much more with HD inks than originally thought. The hard part is finding a printer who is knowledgeable and excited to put in time on something besides shirts. We will have more pics today after another meeting.

Hey batpirisss,

Is the bevel comparable to something straight cut what a cnc could produce..I don't mean a round-ish bevel... on the Rami costume the
angle was very clean..

If so though this would be handy, but silk screening like you say is actually very complex animal it is also very costly at large sizes .

@GFollano,

I do believe thick film technology can only go so far, you could do it raised.. but you could not get the clean beveled profile which at least is on the spiderman 2 and 3 version 3D webs.

Even if it would be half the thickness of the urethane webs and not as sharp edges it would still look awesome and a good alternative.

GFollano

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back