New All Fabric 3 Dimensional Breathable Batman Arkham Asylum Bodysuit.

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Batpirisss, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Batpirisss

Batpirisss Member

New All Fabric 3 Dimensional Breathable Batman Arkham Asylum Bodysuit.

We have a thread up already regarding the majority of our work so far on the AA/AC suit. But I hope its ok to start a new thread for this next step we are going to do. This is an early pic of an all fabric/raised gel ink flexible, breathable bodysuit. We are approaching this in the same way the new Superman and Spiderman suits have been done and really feel we are on to something special here that we are very excited about!

We love the sub-died suits and wanted to build off that. This is a quick shot of a heavy weight spandex which has the grid pattern used on the AA suit 3-dimensionally printed on it. Its not the finished shape but getting close. This is machine washable and will not fade. These will be printed in a dark gray and sewn exact to the suit with all the channels, piping, etc… We will be doing two builds one on a very large naturally athletic model and one with a foam undersuit similar to the latest production suits. Hope to have some more pics of the finished fabric in a week than its off to be sewn. Also updates coming on the Spiderman prototype. Very Excited!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. Gearsofhalo

Gearsofhalo Active Member

this looks like it's gonna be sick!

3. ugameenough

ugameenough Active Member

i was just researching how to do this here in ny but guess i can learn from you guys now. great thread. cant wait to hear and see more.

4. SMOKE

SMOKE Well-Known Member

Subscribing to this. Can't wait for the updates.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

5. DarkKnightOfPA

DarkKnightOfPA New Member

Wow. Can't wait to see how this comes together!

6. nickshaw2814

nickshaw2814 New Member

Can't wait to see more! This is by far the best Bat Suit out there and to watch how you did each piece is amazing! Not enough good things can be said about this suit.

7. Spidey74

Spidey74 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Subscribed.

I've been researching this type of project as well. So I'm very interested, especially if there are any runs of a suit printed this way.

8. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Subscribed as well.

9. Batpirisss

Batpirisss Member

Should have a finished run of fabric here very soon.

10. bron

bron New Member

That's a really wonderful method. I assume you can amend the size of the grid pattern?

11. Spidey74

I can't wait to see how the fabric turns out. I'm reserving all questions since Batpirisss usually gives very detailed updates.

12. WhoKnows8701

WhoKnows8701 Active Member

Any updates? So anxiously waiting lol

13. Batpirisss

Batpirisss Member

Update guys finally. We have been extremely busy since the end of the year and have been scattered between so many different projects, both practical effects and film work, that we are just getting back under control project wise. This combined with a recent shop move, and dealing with several problems with our subcontracted shipping service, and it’s been constant work.

The 3D fabric is done! We have finally gotten to a place with the 3D fabric where we are all happy. Again this is something that we have been inventing as we go. There was no precedent for it even in the screen printing industry. We brought in several consultants from different supply companies, Nike, and others to help refine the process. Now the material has been taken to the seamstress to do more R&D on the actual bodysuit.

We also are molding the new City belt, gaunts, and boots. We expect those, as well as the darker colored version of the suit to be done shortly. Thanks for hanging in there and expect pics of everything real soon.

14. Spidey74

Mint!

Thanks for the update, and super excited to see the results.

15. WhoKnows8701

WhoKnows8701 Active Member

So freakin excited! Looks to see if this could be implemented into the new Man of Steel suit.

16. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Subscribed!

17. nickshaw2814

nickshaw2814 New Member

Is there any new updates on this? Excited to see it's progress!

18. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

Oh man, I'm watching this thread!

19. Thumper1148

Thumper1148 New Member

This looks great so far. Can't wait to see more pics!

20. kw1968

kw1968 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

looks great sofar cant wait for the other pic's

21. kw1968

kw1968 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

how far have you gotten with your amazing spiderman suit

22. Batpirisss

Batpirisss Member

Updated the Spiderman thread. Working on sewing this up. Nothing goes fast with the R&D. Working on a couple obstacles will take a shot of the rolled out fabric here in a minute to wet the appetite.

23. VinXero

VinXero Active Member

Looking forward to these pics! =D

24. Gearsofhalo

Gearsofhalo Active Member

looking forward to pics as well!!

25. Shades

Shades Well-Known Member

Is this dead? Anyone know why Batpirisss is banned now?

26. abiwankenobi

abiwankenobi New Member

I heard over on the brotherhood that she was banned because of being difficult to get a hold of. Doesn't seem like a good enough reason given the quality of their work and the fact that a lot of people received their items.

27. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

according to the ban log, it was a recasting issue. PLease get your facts right

28. abiwankenobi

abiwankenobi New Member

Thank you for correcting my information. I will look at said logs in the future for my inquires. Too bad about that, shame credit doesn't get given where credit is due.

29. Shades

Shades Well-Known Member

I am surprised they would recast anything when they make such great stuff themselves. Usually the recasters are no talent hacks.

30. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

kinda makes you wonder which of their work is actually theirs :/

31. martcpl705

martcpl705 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anyone doing any dye sublimation bat suits? Can you point me in the right direction?

32. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

You should check with spidey4fun about batsuits.

On BOTB Batpirisss was banned because they were accused (and proven, IIRC) to have recast the cape copy of another member, which was also cast from a real "Panther" cape.

33. Hofacekilla

Hofacekilla New Member

I originally posted that batpirisss Took my money and did not deliver the cowl I had ordered I want to set the record straight as I did receive my Cowl and it was a masterpiece too bad that they got caught recasting someone else's work like someone said on here earlier they make great stuff don't know why they would recast someone else's

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013