New Alien Warrior Head paintjob....

SwampDonkey

Ive been experimenting a bit with some of the coloring used in the sideshow head and came up with a "hybrid" between that color scheme and the "film accurate" one Ive been using. The idea is that the raised areas that get bumped and scraped as the creature moves about reveals the tan/brown coloring but.... Ive experimented with a head and have used a custom blue-grey to transition the brown and black. Also added is the white highlights to the tubing. Hows it look?

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

Yo tooth! You may not believe this but this is the head you sent back to me. I just couldn't toss it so I left it in the sun for a few days and repaired the weeping spots with "bondo glass". I know you're a busy guy and couldn't really fuss with it but your new head looks killer! You should post it on here for sure.
The tongue is on its way, but ive been wrapped up in the Terminator arm for the last month now. Unfortunately I need a new mill since mine is a made-in-china POS that cant cut a straight line:wacko.

It looks really nice to me !!!
Well done !!!

Thank you:)
I had to redo the front because the customer noticed a small flaw in the smooth area of the front of the head. So lets all give him a hard time when he chimes in for making me work double time :lol
I have 5 more before officially retiring the moulds and ending the run. 3 unpainted kits and 2 prepped and painted by me. They'll be on ebay but RPF members get a $25 discount:)

Thank you:)
I had to redo the front because the customer noticed a small flaw in the smooth area of the front of the head. So lets all give him a hard time when he chimes in for making me work double time :lol

I know when to politely take a beating, so feel free to bring it on!

I know when to politely take a beating, so feel free to bring it on!

Oh lol, not you. That weeping resin deal was a royal pain, more than you should have had to deal with.
This request came after I rehabbed it and sent pics to the buyer to get approval on the final paint job. There is a small ring-shaped imperfection visible under the paint on one of the above pics. I had to sand off the layers of paint and clear-coat in that area and fix the issue. Sharp eye on that one:)

attention does not buy his kit bust alien because he is a thief! this will be the second time I bought it and I never received my bust!!!

Im here, just havent been on this thread in a while. Im curious about the "theif" thing going on up there a few posts. Going through my records, everyone recirved their head, but its surely possible one was lost in transit. In any case, this is the first Ive heard about it.

Anyway, Josh I think you got yours just recently correct? You should post some shots! I always love seeing them in their new homes:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back