New Alien film announced

Trying to think of a good fresh idea where they could take the story.....yeah, I got nothing...pretty sure a new movie will be the same.....

I don't know. So far in the last 10-ish years they've messed up Predator, Terminator, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. etc. I don't know if we need to mess up any more good franchises.
At least as long as Gale and Zemeckis are alive, Back to the Future is safe....after that though...nevermind, I don't even want to think of it.

I uh, dunno. What can be done at this point? I think most just want Colonial Marines back.
It's weird how the Colonial Marines have become an intricate staple in the Aliens universe in video games, comics and novels and they've still never made a return in the movies. So many amazing expanded universe stories involving them going completely ignored by the film industry.

I think the Xenomorph/chest burster premise has played itself out.

...but what if ALIEN(S) franchise became a movie anthology series about DIFFERENT aliens? Colonial Marines going on various "bug hunts" around the galaxy. Not always chasing some mutated form of the Xenomorph or Proto-morph, etc. Give us new, DIFFERENT alien species!

And, best of all, you could still call the films "Aliens: [fill in the blank]"

The problem is that you can't do much beyond the template that the first movie did: stranded crew trapped with lone monster in tight spaces. Even ALIENS followed the format of the first film pretty closely. I've always been a bigger fan of the first film over the second because, despite their popularity, I always thought the Marines took away from what made the alien scary. It made it seem like anything else; it could be stopped with a gun and bullets. So each time it comes back, it needs to be bigger and badder. The core horrors of the creature dilutes with each iteration. The larger the world of ALIEN, the more has to be down to circle it back to what made the creature work in the first place: stranded crew trapped with lone monster.

It's unfortunate that it's stuck to that singular format but it's been proven anything else outside of that sucks.

My excitement >

3d45ecda586161f9b37050f4784208d9.gif

Would love to be wrong though.

The problem is that you can't do much beyond the template that the first movie did: stranded crew trapped with lone monster in tight spaces. Even ALIENS followed the format of the first film pretty closely. I've always been a bigger fan of the first film over the second because, despite their popularity, I always thought the Marines took away from what made the alien scary. It made it seem like anything else; it could be stopped with a gun and bullets. So each time it comes back, it needs to be bigger and badder. The core horrors of the creature dilutes with each iteration. The larger the world of ALIEN, the more has to be down to circle it back to what made the creature work in the first place: stranded crew trapped with lone monster.

It's unfortunate that it's stuck to that singular format but it's been proven anything else outside of that sucks.

Yeah, exactly this. It's like slasher movies; ultimately the story is one note and you can't do much with the formula, just an endless cycle of bigger/more kills and a repetitive story line over and over.

Yeah, exactly this. It's like slasher movies; ultimately the story is one note and you can't do much with the formula, just an endless cycle of bigger/more kills and a repetitive story line over and over.
Yep, not much you can do when the first/second one painted every concepts into a tight corner:rolleyes: What else could they possibly think off into making another one?
First: the Alien is already known by the audience; mystery is out, sure it was a great design but we've seen it!
Second: How could you make it more horrific? Not showing the beast? Not showing the "Blood and Guts"? Both? Might work...maybe:unsure:
Third: Focusing on the Marines? What else are they gonna do that they didn't in Aliens? We know what they're up against.
Fourth: Another type of Alien? And if so, can it be still called "Alien"?
So many questions and my headache is back...need to rest:p

:unsure:
Third: Focusing on the Marines? What else are they gonna do that they didn't in Aliens? We know what they're up against.

Well if they want to include expanded universe content; patrol quarantined regions of space known to have a Xenomorph presence, police the illicit black market trade of Xenomorph eggs and "Royal Jelly" a hallucinogenic anesthetic black market narcotic derived from the resin secreted by Xenomorph queens, search and destroy missions of known infestations using the specialized Berserker kill teams who are specifically trained and equipped to wipe out Xenomorph hives.

Explore the Hybrid cult. A Xenomorph/human hybrid religious fundamentalist cult that believes the next step in human evolution is crossing genetics with Xenomorphs creating a new hybrid species that the Colonial Marines refer to as 'Bug Men'. They derive from humans who consume too much Royal Jelly and begin to mutate and are able to mentally communicate with Xenomorphs at a limited level. They overtly attempt to infest other worlds with Xenomorphs as part of their grand plan of "genetic perfection" making the Xenomorphs an ever present galactic threat to be monitored at all times.

Several planetary sized infestations have occurred in the expanded universe. A mostly water based agri-world was infested leading to several types of aquatic based Xenomorph breeds. Also we'd get to explore Xenomorph Kings. The massively larger, more aggressive and super hard to kill variant of the Xenomorph Queens.

If they wanted to delve into the Earth War storyline they'd be dealing with a Colonial Marine mutiny and an insane General bent on taming Xenomorphs to use as an army, which also means breeding them from the civilian population.

There's loads of expanded universe content surrounding the Marines that could be used. Oh, and Herc Mondo needs to make a cameo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back