New Acid Splash bio

hez1

Well, I was actually trying to do a Titanica bio, but as often happens, got something else entirely. I was going to post this earlier, but got sidetracked, and then today didn't get anything done at all for various reasons. :)

Anyway, here it is. I called it the Acid Splash because it looks like it got a major splashing of Alien blood. Still need to add a lense, and there's a couple of areas that I think could use a touch up, and should I add LEDs? Let me know what you think!

IMG_1610.jpg.gif

IMG_1611.jpg.gif

IMG_1616.jpg.gif

IMG_1612.jpg.gif

IMG_1613.jpg.gif

IMG_1614.jpg.gif

IMG_1615.jpg.gif

Thats pretty cool, what'd you do take a blowtorch to it?
I would add a bit of green in the pockets just to give it a bit of acid depth, biting into the bio.
Pretty sweet, I would add leds.

Yeah I was gunna suggest the same thing. Adding a few green splashes in the dented parts would make it look even better :)
Good job on it!

Yeah Pretty awesome. How did u do it. With the right amount on control aesthetically any helmet would look good with this effect.

The only thing i would say is, IF it is going to be a acid splash bio now, it should be a normal metal colour maybe?

i still dig it though :)

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I can add some green paint...I was trying to do the whole thing without, but if it'll look better then I suppose I can compromise. :) I guess a little silver wouldn't hurt either in spots, but I'll think a little harder on that. I have no idea how to make LEDs flicker randomly, but if anyone else does, that's a GREAT idea.

Here's how it was done:
1: Crush up some styrofoam packaging into its component balls, leaving some sticking together in bigger pieces.
2: Do a very thin beauty coat of resin in the mold, and scatter the styrofoam balls all over randomly.
3: Thicken up the casting, demold.
4: Blowtorch the hell out of it.

You can still try this on a regular bio, as the blowtorch will give you burnt texture and colouring, you just won't get the more severe pockmarking that is left by the styrofoam balls being burned away. If you decide to do this, be aware of a couple of things.
1: It WILL catch fire at some point. Have some water standing by to put out the flames that do not just burn out quickly by themselves. Do it OUTSIDE, with nothing flammable nearby.
2: It WILL produce toxic fumes. Wear a respirator, a dust mask just isn't going to cut it.
3: Pay attention to the first 2 points! I'm serious, you cannot **** around with this, or you will burn down your house or end up in hospital, neither of which I want to see.

Thanks everyone. Sadly, my P2 bio just fell off it's stand (JB welt does not hang on to the magnets well, apparently) and landed on this. So, it's in about 5 pieces. Fixable, but disheartening. :)

THe Bio looked wicked Hez, sucks that it was crushed. I don't think you need to add the green, if there was any alien blood on the bio it would be corroding it. And it looks badass the way it is.

Ouch, that hurtsa broken bio.

I know what fumes are coming of when you burn tha foam (working in a laboratory is quite useful). Be careful with it. Especially when you think that you are smart and doing it outside. Because than it's possible that it will burn faster.

Looks great cause it looks like the metal is partly burned. Ok it's your choice when you gonna use some green colours, in real strong acid will change colour when it reacts and sometimes warpes metal. It never stays on the metal, because it's hyperreactive.
You could do antother thing cause a bit of smoke is even better.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back