"New" 1/72nd Ralph McQuarrie X-Wing.

Ray22

Sr Member
Well while making my APC kits I needed to do a side project as "LastBattlestar Mike" calls them Lol, makes no sense your tired of building models so how do I unwind by starting a new one :behave Mike "3-D Builder" suggested trying my hand at a 1/72nd scale model so I said what the heck. I loved the RMQ design and as we all Know REL did a fantastic job of bringing that rendering to life so I decided to make my own version from scratch, its been about a couple of weeks of work in between casting the APC's those sucker use quite a bit of resin :cry so here are my pics of my New RMQ X-Wing, the last pic is of the patterns so no one gets the idea that this was made from Rels kit.
Ray

Last edited:
As you can tell I skimmed the text... :rolleyes :behave
Hey I do it all the time and head to the pics, the pics enough talk the pics! :lol. I started with a scrap peice of Pvc, styrene, and basswood and used the 1/24th scale version as reference, I already molded a few and will sell them they're so cute when they are small Lol.

Last edited:
Well had to go to Manhattan today to pick up some aluminum tubing to make the laser canons, I decided not to use the brass for the weight and possible sag after awhile.
Ray

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back