Netflix Lost in Space

Delayed nearly a year by the pandemic. Sadly, series ends Dec 1st too as this is the last one.
I'm fine with that as long as they went into the season knowing that and wrote it to be the last season. With the way the show was written, I really couldn't see it going beyond one more season without it really stretching things and going downhill. It always seemed to me to have been written with a definite story to tell and wasn't meant to go on endlessly until the network decides to cancel them.

I thought this was scrapped after season 2 bombed?!?
Season 2 did better critically than season 1, and sits at 84% from users on RT and has higher average user ratings on IMDB.

They said this third season would be the last, but I was under the impression this got canceled simply because it cost too much, not because it wasn’t well received.

i lost total interest in season 2, i didn't even bother finishing it. i know everyone else i talk movies with felt the same, im surprised it did better then season 1

I'm glad we're seeing more of the scenes of the characters being in space on the Jupiter.
I did enjoy the first two series but it was feeling a bit more like Lost on Planet at times rather than Lost in Space.
I'll enjoy watching this final series over the first weekend it's available.

I wanted to enjoy this show and was really excited to watch but completely lost interest by the end of season 1. It felt like it wasn't going anywhere, literally and figuratively. Might give it another shot though especially if it seems the pay off in season 3 is worth it.

I haven’t finished season 2, but this trailer looked really cool, a lot of 1997 lost in space Easter eggs with the robots!

The 97 movie was one of my favorites

Well, to be fair, the original series was more "Lost on a Planet" than Lost in Space.
I was aware of but hadn't seen the original series, that's fair enough then.
I know the planet in the Netflix reboot is in another area of space, but I sort of though the series was going to be the Jupiter crossing interstellar space and encountering other races along the way rather than the crew being marooned on a planet.
Either way series 3 looks promising from the trailer.

didn't they travel to 2 or 3 planets through out the seasons though.. i remember the Jupiter II back in space a few times.. maybe im wrong.. last time i watched that series i was probably 12-13 years old

Of the original 83 episodes there were maybe 5 or 6 that were actually in space, give or take. Maybe a few more than that, but the vast majority were on planets. Usually they would spend almost, if not all of a season on the same planet.

Of the original 83 episodes there were maybe 5 or 6 that were actually in space, give or take. Maybe a few more than that, but the vast majority were on planets. Usually they would spend almost, if not all of a season on the same planet.
Mostly done for budgetary reasons, I'm sure. Today you could get away with being in space a lot easier, but when you had to maintain expensive sets, it makes no sense to move around a lot.

Just finished season 2, boy those Robinson’s are in danger every single episode, with that kind of luck I would lock myself in my room and never leave lol

The cliff hanger was awesome, never cared for this dr smith so I’m glad she’s gone. Hastings seems like a better bad guy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back