Netflix - Dark props

Ok, first of all, this is beyond awesome! Secondly: I don't know if it's possible, but since you've made contact with this redditor, could you ask if they could post a high res, in focus shot of pages 14 and 15(the machine blueprints)? I doubt a scan is possible but the ones they took are not in focus and the numbers are mostly illegible, unfortunately. It could be a huge help to those who are hoping to recreate the machine.

Hey egosheep , that Redditor finally got back to me after I inquired about the machine blueprints in their promo book! They confirmed that they weren't able to scan the interior pages because the spine was too wide/inflexible, but they did provide some photos. It's not clear enough to print a replica of the blueprint itself, but the measurements and details are much more legible than the previous photos, so hopefully it'll help with constructing the machine replica!

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_195259.jpg
    IMG_20200730_195259.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20200730_195322.jpg
    IMG_20200730_195322.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 295
Hey egosheep , that Redditor finally got back to me after I inquired about the machine blueprints in their promo book! They confirmed that they weren't able to scan the interior pages because the spine was too wide/inflexible, but they did provide some photos. It's not clear enough to print a replica of the blueprint itself, but the measurements and details are much more legible than the previous photos, so hopefully it'll help with constructing the machine replica!
Hey, thank you SO much! This is a huge help, I had some of these numbers but not all of them. There is a good straight on shot of the prints from S02 that can be used to get a vector trace once we skew it and double check the measurements. I've attached a test I did a while ago.

Attachments

• blueprint reskewed scaled to 400 by 270.jpg
    blueprint reskewed scaled to 400 by 270.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 265
  • reskewed 1.jpg
    reskewed 1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 244

Attachments

• 26F931E8-DB5B-426F-BC3E-E30408870B3E.jpeg
    26F931E8-DB5B-426F-BC3E-E30408870B3E.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 191
  • 2A291218-26D1-4536-BCCB-5E4884883A97.jpeg
    2A291218-26D1-4536-BCCB-5E4884883A97.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 8407D088-FB20-4BBF-AC7C-0F36227A7A41.png
    8407D088-FB20-4BBF-AC7C-0F36227A7A41.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 190
Good morning all ! I was notified late that a lottery with Jonas jacket was available. I wanted to know, did you participate in it?

Attachments

• Louis.5593762.8e726b288194e0aac920ee8dfea1db97.jpg
    Louis.5593762.8e726b288194e0aac920ee8dfea1db97.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 124
Good morning all ! I was notified late that a lottery with Jonas jacket was available. I wanted to know, did you participate in it?

Good morning! Yes I participated in this charity, I put a donation in for the jacket and for the St. Christopher pendant, both screen used.

it's cool ! you are lucky to have been there at the right time! how many tickets have you put for the 2 objects?

I can’t remember, I think I paid the second lowest tier option for both, cost me about €12 each, so I think that was about 5 or 10 tickets? Can’t remember and they’ve ended it now, the winners will be announced in September. So I’ll keep you updated if I’m lucky! Haha.

Send me a PM, let's talk about it!:)

I am interested in this machine as well. I have a particular interest in time machines and I’m currently working on the Argo from the film “ Time After Time”.

I think it would be possible to get a run going of the engraved brass plates, as the complete machine itself looks too labor-intensive to outsource.

Hello everyone,
I don't know if someone noticed. On the Episode 2 from season 2, there are 3 comics books on the floor. The first is clearly visible as N79 "Die Welt der tausend Schrecken", hidden just below is the N30 "Der Wächter des toten Planeten" and still below another copie of the N79, but wrapped.
Dark_CapatainFutureN30and79x2.jpg
CaptainFutureN30.jpg

Good evening! I joined RPF specifically for this series and machine(s), and am immensely pleased to see an involved discussion going about it. Especially Tiedemann's Time Machine (which is something I am MOST interested in). So I figured I would introduce myself, and see what's going on with it. Also, details about myself, I'm a computer guy, I work in IT. I have unconventional hobbies (basically learning the skills I need to make other things), and mechanical devices such as the time machine attract me like flames attract insects.

I'm new here, mainly been lurking around for a few years. I just saw this thread, a while ago I made the notebook from Dark, not screen accurate. Its a Leuchturm 1917 A5 softcover, wrapped in leather. The logo was embossed by 3D printing a negative (in this case a negative doesn't really matter), wetting the leather a bit, and using a press.

DSC05238_1.jpg
DSC05240_1.jpg

My latest build...

Attachments

• Portrait 1.png
    Portrait 1.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 121
Hey, thank you SO much! This is a huge help, I had some of these numbers but not all of them. There is a good straight on shot of the prints from S02 that can be used to get a vector trace once we skew it and double check the measurements. I've attached a test I did a while ago.
Hey Team, I've just finished the show for the 2nd time. Thought I'd take a crack at tracing the blueprint as I wanted to produce an XY plotter version for myself. I started tracking down screenshots etc and came across this forum. I'm using this shot as the guide for the layout - note: I'm not attempting to make the measurements accurate or verify the construction etc. I'm just trying to get as much detail correct as possible. This is a screen grab of where I'm at right now.

-julian

Attachments

• timeMachineTrace.png
    timeMachineTrace.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 164
Hey Team, I've just finished the show for the 2nd time. Thought I'd take a crack at tracing the blueprint as I wanted to produce an XY plotter version for myself. I started tracking down screenshots etc and came across this forum. I'm using this shot as the guide for the layout - note: I'm not attempting to make the measurements accurate or verify the construction etc. I'm just trying to get as much detail correct as possible. This is a screen grab of where I'm at right now.

-julian
AWESOME.

Heh, thanks. It's quite fiddly and I've not done something this detailed before so I can't give you an ETA. I'm aiming to produce both the top and bottom panels from the supplied image.

-julian
Hey Julian, I'm sorry I'm a few days late, but your work looks awesome. Can you PM your email? I have a whole folder of references I can send. I have 4K shots of every time the blueprint is shown, and I have a master where I put up all the numbers I was able to pull. I'll put that up now along with a few of the official glimpses we have of the plan.

Attachments

• annotated.jpg
    annotated.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20200730_195259.jpg
    IMG_20200730_195259.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20200730_195322.jpg
    IMG_20200730_195322.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • otjspbiiqp751.jpg
    otjspbiiqp751.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • zjo71j9aqp751.jpg
    zjo71j9aqp751.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
Hey Julian, I'm sorry I'm a few days late, but your work looks awesome. Can you PM your email? I have a whole folder of references I can send. I have 4K shots of every time the blueprint is shown, and I have a master where I put up all the numbers I was able to pull. I'll put that up now along with a few of the official glimpses we have of the plan.
Oh this is great - that first image with all three panels!? Wow. Clearly we're going to need all of that one heh. I tried to grab 4K Netflix frames too but was foiled by screen grab DRM in Windows. Figured somebody would have a way around it. I'll PM you now. Thanks.

-julian

Oh this is great - that first image with all three panels!? Wow. Clearly we're going to need all of that one heh. I tried to grab 4K Netflix frames too but was foiled by screen grab DRM in Windows. Figured somebody would have a way around it. I'll PM you now. Thanks.

-julian
You can use Firefox to take screenshots of Netflix.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back