Nerf Star Trek The Next Generation Phaser Rifle

I just got an email about it. I was super excited about it at first but then realized it’s made to look like part of the gun has been assimilated. According to the description it has assimilation sound effects. I’m not feeling it - which is a shame, this could have been a slam dunk just as a straight rifle without extras.

That rifle's hideous lol.

If I weren't so let down by my Nerf Mando rifle i'd jump on on these. At least the phaser looks fun!

I saw some picture on another website had images of the other side and it wasn't borgified as much, so that side will be the visible side when I hang it on the wall (for me). I'll still fix the borgified side, I just won't be freaked out if it's not perfect. I do agree the Borg effect was a stupid decision. I, personally, don't care about the sounds... on a prop like this sounds just emphasis that it's a toy and not a prop. Just my opinion.

(I think the Aliens Pulse Rifle was much better, but now I won't have to make this out of FOAM!)

What a weird choice, I'm tempted but much less so than if it wasn't messed up like that. Also never thought I'd see a Nerf TNG era phaser, it looks better than I expected.

Too bad it's not as faithful of a reproduction as the Aliens rifles seems to be.

Bigger Pic For what it’s worth…..

E6B60DEA-2ABE-48CA-8329-6B9BE21D70DD.jpeg

Hump-frey Borg-art…… :)

9F425507-4019-4370-AE0C-C83AA2A9BA92.jpeg

Peace

Last edited:
What's that screenshot from? Filling holes is easier than trying to get rid of everything.

Got quite excited for this until I saw the assimilation parts. That’s a really weird choice.
The phaser pistol looks pretty good but not sure it’s $120 good.
They’ve really messed up the butt of the rifle and it’s going to be an effort to fix it up.
Also, given how the Aliens Pulse rifle didn’t actually have accurate sounds, I have no idea what to expect from this.

I wouldn’t expect a non-Borg version either. That would require pretty much completely new moulding for both sides of the piece. I can’t see Nerd or Hasbro investing money in that.

Disappointing.

Got quite excited for this until I saw the assimilation parts. That’s a really weird choice.
The phaser pistol looks pretty good but not sure it’s $120 good.
They’ve really messed up the butt of the rifle and it’s going to be an effort to fix it up.
Also, given how the Aliens Pulse rifle didn’t actually have accurate sounds, I have no idea what to expect from this.

I wouldn’t expect a non-Borg version either. That would require pretty much completely new moulding for both sides of the piece. I can’t see Nerd or Hasbro investing money in that.

Disappointing.

I figure the Borg graphics are stenciled, screened, painted … etc. on.

Perhaps it should have been made with optional Borg assimilation decals to be placed on IF desired.

I have a TV Game rifle called Cabelas Survival….. they did just that, they provided decals as an option to dress up the rifle…..shown below….I chose not to use the decals included.

My point is….the Borg graphics should have been optional decals.

Oh well…..

459B3EC6-125D-4DD4-AA99-36F6AA29B038.jpeg

And then….there’s this….

Peace

Last edited:
I figure the Borg graphics are stenciled, screened, painted … etc. on.

Perhaps it should have been made with optional Borg assimilation decals to be placed on IF desired.

I have a TV Game rifle called Cabelas Survival….. they did just that, they provided decals as an option to dress up the rifle…..shown below….I chose not to use the decals included.

My point is….the Borg graphics should have been optional decals.

Oh well…..

View attachment 1614978

Peace
Stencils or decals would be awesome but judging from pics on the Habsro Pulse site, it looks like actual physical moulding of tetris-like squares, all around the butt of the weapon, some on the sides, as well as holes and what I'm guessing are hard plastic "assimilation tubules" snaking across both sides.
Honestly, although it would have been less than ideal, I probably could have coped with an assimilated version, if it looked anything ike borg tech or assimilation from the show. The square blocks looks like something out of Minecraft, rather than the detailed greeblies and mechanical parts typical of borg tech.
Whats super frustrating is that, apart from the terrible borg detailing, the rest of the sculpt is pretty damn good and looks up to the same standard as their previsou Amban and Pulse rifles. Had the butt been done with the same level of accuracy, this would paint up to be a more than "close-enough" replica for many.
I'm still debating whether to get this, and grind/carve away as much of the greebling as possible, use some filler, styrene and other rmaterials to try and build out the butt of the weapon.
If it can be resculpted to be close enough, and given the type 2 Pistol is also a reasonable sculpt, $120 isn't bad for the pair. Urrggh, its so hard to make the call, and is further complicated because I gee=nerally have to go through a reseller here in Australia, and there's a price markup for that.
Type 3 Phaser 1.png
Type 3 Phaser 2.png

1662643615120.png

1662643560952.png

What's that screenshot from? Filling holes is easier than trying to get rid of everything.
BlueBrixx in Germany has Star Trek license for their "lego-like" products. They have a full size pulse rifle on their website for sale. I bought their Galileo shuttle and was pretty impressed. The bricks aren't quite Lego quality, and I did have to use glue on a couple areas of high stress to keep the bricks connected, but I was happy with the product.

Well, if you have the skills to deconstruct and reconstruct the rifle butt…...it could be your option.

Using the pictures previously posted….Below are comparisons of changes already made (possibly), to highlight the tube connection points.

42FC2C84-0977-45F8-8249-FB078CD76B36.jpeg

Could Hasbro/Nerf be influenced at this point in time to strip off the Borg look? Perhaps not, since release is 2023.

As previously posted by another member….. hope for an un-Borged version. This would have to be done by Fan’s outcries to do so to Hasbro/Nerf.

BlueBrixx in Germany has Star Trek license for their "lego-like" products. They have a full size pulse rifle on their website for sale. I bought their Galileo shuttle and was pretty impressed. The bricks aren't quite Lego quality, and I did have to use glue on a couple areas of high stress to keep the bricks connected, but I was happy with the product.
Ohhh I totally misunderstood then, interesting, thanks.

I was actually interested when I first saw the email. Then I looked closer and thought "why the heck would they do THAT?" and my interest level hit zero. I would rather just 3D print one of the many free files floating around the internet than try and modify that thing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back