Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

My next purchase will be a resin printer.. you’re wicked lucky

I forgot I had a ton of rewards points too - pulled the trigger on a Mars 3 and $55 worth of resin for $118 shipped.

I feel like a criminal.

1645127353721.png

I'm in the same boat. I don't have a 3D printer so I was hoping these excellent replacement/upgrade parts would either be added to Shapeways or one of the folks able to print them would post a sale thread in the JY. If they didn't want to make a whole FS thread, maybe they would message those of us from this thread that expressed interest and we could figure something out.

You could always take the existing models, send them to your own Shapeways account and mark them as not for sale and then just order your own parts. It would get a little pricey but it is an option.

Work has been absolutely bonkers lately, leaving me with very little energy for...anything...during my free time.

I'll try to take some time this weekend to setup o the printer.

I’m making slow but steady progress, I had to order a few more bits and pieces. I’ve not taken any more progress pictures. But I’ll try to remember. I’ll throw up some pictures of all the mods before moving on to the final filler and paint.

So far, I’ve filled the trigger slot leaving a hole for the switch, made a hand guard from aluminium and moved the orange barrel forward. All the while making sure it can still come apart for the electronics. Few more bits of filling and I’ll start on the barrel.

I’m hoping to make a replacement for the side, but I’ll have to see if it works, not sure my tool/skills are up to it, so I may have to leave that part as is.

2AAE7013-7FFD-4031-9957-D6D4D76C321C.jpeg

Last edited:
No, I was working under the assumption that you were smart enough to create an account. It’s up to you whether or not that assumption is correct or not.
I'm fairly certain I could, but I just don't have the time to go through it right now because of priorities in my life occupying almost all of my time. Also, it would be very likely that I'd go through setting up the account only to print this one item.

I'm fairly certain I could, but I just don't have the time to go through it right now because of priorities in my life occupying almost all of my time. Also, it would be very likely that I'd go through setting up the account only to print this one item.
What item is it, I don’t have a 3d printer either, but I can tell you what part I used, or if it’s a part I’m scratch building do a more detailed step by step. Unless it’s the trigger as I completely removed mine, but if I had then sanding it down and filling would work.

You could have used the time to set up an account in the same amount of time it took you to explain why you don’t have the time. Also, I originally set up my account for the reason of just one part.

Next bit done - turned 2 pieces of aluminium down on my drill. Started out as 22mm and 16mm, I need a 3rd piece of 10mm for the barrel but couldn’t find any in the scrap bin so had to order a small piece. Guess I’ll work on the scope whilst I’m waiting for it.

54ADFF08-2E27-4253-BBDC-8F9D7E0065FD.jpeg

Used one of these sanding bits for the scope insert

34507C72-A470-43F5-9BE9-58EAD59DC032.jpeg

46E6F802-2434-4968-B520-47C33E2E6BCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah the joys of filing! I think a double cut bas-tard file (like $6 at harbor freight) would make quicker work of removing a lot of material, perhaps for future reference, then smooth with a single cut if you need. I had to bas-tard-ize the word to avoid the censor lol! Nice work on this blaster, I like the hat washer solution.

Ah the joys of filing! I think a double cut bas-tard file (like $6 at harbor freight) would make quicker work of removing a lot of material, perhaps for future reference, then smooth with a single cut if you need. I had to bas-tard-ize the word to avoid the censor lol! Nice work on this blaster, I like the hat washer solution.
Thanks, for the advice maybe a new file is in order I’ll check that out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back