Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

update on the left.

View attachment 1536339
View attachment 1536340
View attachment 1536341

I can tell the nut is not as wide but hard to tell unless you have something to compare with. Not sure if it is the new design or something I did but the new nozzle is not allowing the two side to join properly. Also for printing purposes, I miss the dome interior.

Hmm. I didn't change anything except to shorten the nut top to bottom. (And apparently not by enough? It still doesn't look right. How does it match up to the OG part?)

Also, what do you mean about missing the dome interior? I versioned up from v002 so this should have it.

Hmm. I didn't change anything except to shorten the nut top to bottom. (And apparently not by enough? It still doesn't look right. How does it match up to the OG part?)

Also, what do you mean about missing the dome interior? I versioned up from v002 so this should have it.

No it does not. Maybe recheck what you posted and make sure it is what you thought it was.

Okay, double-checked the measurements all around, fixed the missing geo (I hid part of the model and forgot to unhide it when I exported. Durr.) and corrected a slight front-to-back asymmetry on the nut, which I think is why it looked wrong. Didn't version up because it's a minor fix.

I'm hoping the prior export being messed up is why it didn't fit right.

Attachments

• NERF_Scout_Trooper_Nozzle_v003.obj
    5.5 MB · Views: 90
Okay, double-checked the measurements all around, fixed the missing geo (I hid part of the model and forgot to unhide it when I exported. Durr.) and corrected a slight front-to-back asymmetry on the nut, which I think is why it looked wrong. Didn't version up because it's a minor fix.

Great. I’ll run a copy tomorrow.

Knocked out a couple simple ones tonight. An insert for the front of the scope to match one of the screen-used props, and a scope knob based on the one Reel Fakes used. The knob is a google drive link, as it was too big to host here. It should be set to "anyone with the link" but let me know if it doesn't work.

Scout_Blaster_Scope_Insert_OBJ_001.png

Scout_Blaster_Scope_Knob_OBJ_001.png

Attachments

• NERF_Scout_Trooper_Scope_Insert_v001.obj
    809 KB · Views: 85

If I had one of those printed in the proper scale for the Nerf gun I'd use it happily. Nice work!

for the price i think im just going to grab a field marshall scope for it. measuring up the orange part in the back of the blaster to try and replace it with a "slug" so its easier to fill and sand, do away with the pull/cockying mechanism
If you don’t want to spend that on just the tip, then you could use the cap from a sunscreen spray bottle and a red lego lightsaber piece.

If you don’t want to spend that on just the tip, then you could use the cap from a sunscreen spray bottle and a red lego lightsaber piece.

Just a couple things or people to be aware of if you plan on modifying the existing scope...

Although it looks like you can just unscrew the scope halves and pop out the orange scope tip... that is not the case. Somehow the tip is snapped into place and helps to hold the two halves together. I think there was a similar construction method that hasbro did with the muzzle end of the rebel fleet blaster. I do not think you are going to remove the tip unless you break/cut something. As a result, you may also have to glue a new cap into place rather than just pop on in like we are doing with the nozzle.

On replacing the tip with an existing cap from a bottle; I did his with my fleet trooper blaster. There are lots of caps in many sizes. You basically need to take your calipers at the store and go through the isles till you find a good size and shape. I used the cap from an armor all bottle blue the section of a Vader action figure light saber.

Knocked out a couple simple ones tonight. An insert for the front of the scope to match one of the screen-used props, and a scope knob based on the one Reel Fakes used. The knob is a google drive link, as it was too big to host here. It should be set to "anyone with the link" but let me know if it doesn't work.

View attachment 1536463

View attachment 1536462

Can you confirm the scale of these parts?

Usually the nozzle loads in at 100,000% and that works out.

However, this knob loaded in at 1,000,000% (which is the size of the print bed). I think it was suppose to be 100,000%. If so, is the correct diameter suppose to be 21.1428 mm?

The other thing you could do is cut the end from the toy and cast it in clear resin, you could then drill a hole and drill the hole. If you don’t have pigment then a drop of red food colouring is normally fine in epoxy.

There is a resin scope on eBay for £11 aswell
I thought about casting the tip in clear resin, let me check out the eBay auction right now

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back