Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

Are you planning on designing any more replacement parts?

I'm thinking about an insert for the front of the scope to make it match the countersunk shape seen in the reference on page 2, a knob for the scope, a cover for the left side ridged half-round to bring it to the correct height, and maybe a new trigger guard. That last one would be kind of complicated though.

The only thing I think stands out for me is the nozzle. I guess it depends on which version of the real prop you use but isn't there a little transition slope or bulge at the source of the nozzle?

View attachment 1535774
These are cropped from photos I found on the 'Net that are allegedly screen-used props:

RQ3fOR8.jpg

As you can see, the transitions between the "hex nut" section and the "barrel" section are indeed different. Also, it seems the prop on the left is completely resin, while the one on the right appears to show base metal peeking through where the paint has rubbed off (or was sanded off). So there are indeed some slight variations between some of the props. And no, I don't remember if it was stated that these specific props were from the movie productions, or The Mandalorian, or wherever, so sorry 'bout 'dat.

These are cropped from photos I found on the 'Net that are allegedly screen-used props:

View attachment 1536002

As you can see, the transitions between the "hex nut" section and the "barrel" section are indeed different. Also, it seems the prop on the left is completely resin, while the one on the right appears to show base metal peeking through where the paint has rubbed off (or was sanded off). So there are indeed some slight variations between some of the props. And no, I don't remember if it was stated that these specific props were from the movie productions, or The Mandalorian, or wherever, so sorry 'bout 'dat.

And on that note, matching the screen-used a bit better, I've made some adjustments for v002.
  • Evened out the emitter "steps" and lengthened the nozzle.
  • Thickened the nozzle walls.
  • Increased the diameter of the upper rail extension by 4%
  • Addressed Mara Jade's Father 's note about the interior surface slope.
  • Addressed Mara Jade's Father 's note about the side alignment tab.
I can make a version with the smooth "blended" step on the nozzle if there's interest.

Scout_Blaster_Nozzle_OBJ_002.png

Attachments

• NERF_Scout_Trooper_Nozzle_v002.obj
    5.4 MB · Views: 85
And on that note, matching the screen-used a bit better, I've made some adjustments for v002.
  • Evened out the emitter "steps" and lengthened the nozzle.
  • Thickened the nozzle walls.
  • Increased the diameter of the upper rail extension by 4%
  • Addressed Mara Jade's Father 's note about the interior surface slope.
  • Addressed Mara Jade's Father 's note about the side alignment tab.
I can make a version with the smooth "blended" step on the nozzle if there's interest.

View attachment 1536018
Thank you for sharing!!

Everything fits great. I don’t have any suggestions except that you should definitely do more parts.

I printed this one at the highest quality with concentric circle pattern. As opposed to standard in a line pattern as before.

I still printed with supports because I forgot about the extended round section on the side, but with the dome section inside, The support size was much smaller and it fell right out when I pulled the nozzle from the bed.

Great job.

Everything fits great. I don’t have any suggestions except that you should definitely do more parts.

I printed this one at the highest quality with concentric circle pattern. As opposed to standard in a line pattern as before.

I still printed with supports because I forgot about the extended round section on the side, but with the dome section inside, The support size was much smaller and it fell right out when I pulled the nozzle from the bed.

Great job.

Thanks.

I realized I did a dumb and glued a part I shouldn't have in place before I started building upgrades which makes taking measurements more difficult that it needs to be. I just bought another off eBay; should be here in less than a week.

Looking at this image, I think I made the nut too thick. Will double check my measurements tonight.

Yup, I mismeasured the thickness by about a mm. Corrected.

The "nut" they used doesn't have the beveled edges on the flat surfaces; it was basically a flat hexagon:

View attachment 1536238

If you eliminate those at the width where the sides of the hexagon meet, that should do it.

I'm talking about in comparison with the original NERF part. I'm copying the NERF profile, not the screen-used one because I think the screen-used shape looks bad.

Attachments

• NERF_Scout_Trooper_Nozzle_v003.obj
    5 MB · Views: 71
i just got mine tonight! idk i think im going to keep my trigger...

for those upgrading the transistor, are you grinding the factory one off?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back