Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

Also, I ordered a blaster and should have it next week. If anyone would like to come up with a more accurate replacement muzzle 3D printed file that could be swapped out for the nerf muzzle and share it... that would be awesome... and I will let you us me a personal reference on you next job application,

That's been my personal experience with my own props, I often find a creative and idealized paint job brings a lot of life to a prop replica rather than trying to replicate the actual as-seen-on-screen prop.

I agree! I try really hard not to geek-shame anyone... but I also just cannot understand the folks who find value in carefully recreating real-world elements (like, say, manufacturer's marks) that the film makers clearly never intended to be seen and that wouldn't exist on a real E-11 (or whatever the prop in question is). Obviously some folks do find value in it, and it certainly doesn't hurt me so I don't want to sound like I'm telling them to stop. But it baffles me.

13doctorwho, sorry for taking your thread off the rails.

...When you are talking about the scout blaster, these are resin cast, correct? And if so, were they cast in black? If so, then no matter how knocked around they got, they would still be black. I believe the scope mount is real… right? And did they add the trigger guard after casting and is that metal or a separate cast piece? If so, those might have obtained some bare metal wear...
Yes, they were resin cast, but the resin was sort of an off-white/light tan color, not black. You can see this quite clearly now in photos of screen used props where paint has rubbed off:

EC-17_actual_smaller.jpg

The greeblie on the side of the handle appears to have been added before it was painted, but the trigger guard appears to have been added after casting and paint.

Yes, they were resin cast, but the resin was sort of an off-white/light tan color, not black. You can see this quite clearly now in photos of screen used props where paint has rubbed off:

View attachment 1531081

The greeblie on the side of the handle appears to have been added before it was painted, but the trigger guard appears to have been added after casting and paint.
Great. Thank you.

That photo is interesting. You can see some unfilled air bubbles in the resin...

View attachment 1531095
Yeah, they thought a prop like this would never be seen clearly by the viewing audience, so there wasn't much point in making it look "perfect". They weren't counting on a bunch of screwballs like us examining each and every surface of each and every prop/costume/set/mask/make-up/whatever decades after the movie was finished. :cry:

Does anyone also think the scope mount is a cast too? It looks like the corners have chipped off and it also appears to be painted the same color as the rest of the blaster. Usually when a real scope mount is used it remains the original color and slightly off in color from the main blaster body. However it looks as if they used black screws because they look sharp in detail and a slightly different shade of black than everything else. Also it appears that the very tip of the muzzle is a separate cast piece or else it would have a seam running across it like the piece behind it. Anyone else agree?

So it looks like there are four separate cast pieces, body, scope, muzzle tip,and scope mount. Then a metal guard with screws and screws for the scope mount. Yay or nay?

Some more auction pix that may help with those questions.
The Prop Store gun is a bit more refined with holes in the tip and rear as well as the front of the scope.
Notice that there are 2 screws holding on the resin scope that where puttied over.
The finger guard also appears to be cast with the gun instead of a separate piece.
491070_0 Hero Biker Scout Blaster.jpg
491071_0 Hero Biker Scout Blaster.jpg
491072_0 Hero Biker Scout Blaster.jpg
491073_0 Hero Biker Scout Blaster.jpg
491074_0 Hero Biker Scout Blaster.jpg
491075_0 Hero Biker Scout Blaster.jpg

Last edited:
I have to believe that the nerf gun used a prop from the Madalorian as a reference. There is a screw on the side of the scope and a mix of Phillips and standard screws on the grip greeble. These are details not seen on any of the real props pictured here. This would seem odd for Hasbro to just make those details up for no reason. I think they were on one or more of the blaster props used on The Mandalorian.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back