Nerf Gun Props? YES!

this is one of my favorite threads on any site on the internet, I came back expecting to see it abandoned after not lurking for about 2 years, and to my surprise there are recent post. Awesome work as always. I have a sizable collection of Nerf and other play guns I bought to try this with but family/kids ect blah blah, anyway finally getting some hobby time back and looking to finally complete some of these

Now I just need to find the awesome videos I had from the thread with the rust/salt technique, the fake wood painting one, and I think there was a good one for how to create good looking metallic paints..something from my own experience is a struggle

IMG_9486 2.jpg

Great paint job. I love the Longstrike. Would it be possible to see a picture taken from a little farther away in order to see all of it?

So, I picked up a Nerf N-Strike Centurion from a Goodwill to turn into a replica of the blaster from Defiance that the town buys a lot of in Season 3 (previously posted about by me). And I have to ask: How the hell do I remove the handles for the charge arms that sticks out the sides (the orange handle seen about the M in this picture). I've tried looking for answers and have not had any luck on how to remove them after their on (as they were on when I found it), and I am very tempted to take a Dremel to it on both sides so that I can gut it.

1670222447176.png

As seen in the show:
1670222609183.png

Last edited:
Thanks. Hopefully, I won't end up messing up the body of it.
I used two screwdrivers with some electrical tape wrapped around the blades to prevent scratching the plastic, one each side of the slot and pointing opposite to one another. Lift them both at the same time and it won't put any stress on the parts.

I used two screwdrivers with some electrical tape wrapped around the blades to prevent scratching the plastic, one each side of the slot and pointing opposite to one another. Lift them both at the same time and it won't put any stress on the parts.
That might be helpful. Thanks. :)

This thread inspired me to dig way back into an old hard drive to find my first NERF prop from 2009.
NERF guns were a fun, ez way to start making props. I blended two different NERF guns, skinned the flimsy stock with sheet metal and did a quick paint. The lower section is the character costume I made it for and the final photoshoot & paintover.
Norscout.RPF.013-NerfProp1.2009.jpg

Here is one I did for a play, it was for a dream sequence so I was not trying to be real and being very 80's comic book on the design.I put lights from the auto parts store in it and mounted a switch so she could play with the modes or just turn it off. I took a Vulcan and an Atlas and stuck them together.
20131223_160846-225x300.jpg

Attachments

• 20140123_204622-225x300.jpg
    20140123_204622-225x300.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I am about to early retire and I have a massive collection of NERF guns from the town dump that I am about to start bashing into scfi guns. Looking forward to reading this whole thread for tips.
Forgive a newbie request, but with 122 pages, that is a lot of reading that I have started, but am still daunted.

If you see a Longstrike project that actually chops the body, give a reply?

I tried making a Sherlock Holmes Empty House air rifle from one, but a total flub.

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back