Neisen ESB AT-ST

3phase

Sr Member
OK I know this kit is old news but thought I would share it and show that I'm having a go. Apart from a X-wing that I’m also working on this is the first model that I have completed.

When I bought this kit I didn’t know to much about it and just planed to build it as is but the more research I did on the model the more I wanted to make it accurate. The previous owner had already done some changes so I started my quest to track down kit parts etc. This was much harder than I thought it would be plonking thru many kit scans trying to identify parts.

Anyway to make a long story short I had collected quite a few parts and when I tried to place the Steyr seat under the head it would not fit and I then decided not to go to extreme on this kit and I would do a scratch build instead. If I can sell this one I will use that money to help pay for the scratch build.

Apart from new kit parts I replaced the front guns with pipe and fabed the foot covers and side gun cover as they were missing. Also I thought the most inaccurate thing on the kit was just under front guns on the body so I cut most of it out and shaped it like a real armature body would be. I only needed to put on the BT-46 part and I think it improved this area a lot. When i did this i also had to extend the resin tyre as the head was too low.

I thought painting this would be easy as to why I stoped on my X-wing and I would love to say i went for the rough ILM look but it did not come out like I wanted. I did not get the base colour correct and found doing the weathering much harder than I thought it would be. To be honest I only spent about an hour weathering it as I didn’t really know what I was doing. There is a crack in the side gun sheld as i droped it but it can stay there for now.

Anyway it was good practice for when I do my scratch build and thanks to all that has helped me with this build as there was a lot.

8321401474_fb42a95c29_c.jpg

8321425796_71e8591c93_c.jpg

8320364375_9b5f149661_c.jpg

8320339575_f34b0c406f_c.jpg

8321400400_f2561aef24_c.jpg

8320340687_de85a40a67_c.jpg

8320333925_31fdd43775_c.jpg

8321396876_ab862d3a4b_c.jpg

8320335035_424699d307_c.jpg

8321397458_676e69e795_c.jpg

Great job for being your first completed. It looks like your 20th! And nowhere near my first! Bravo!

Yeah,looking good,Ive tried to contact Steve years ago to purchase this kit,guess I have no luck on this resin chicken but the scratch 1.

Awesome build~

I saw the broken gun shield.
If it is not made by any intention as the damaged version, you can get the donor part from Tamiya 1/700 Taiho.

thanks Eric.

Awesome build~

I saw the broken gun shield.
If it is not made by any intention as the damaged version, you can get the donor part from Tamiya 1/700 Taiho.

thanks Eric.

Yeah,also just a suggest,replace the unaccurate rear head part from Tamiya 1:35 KV-I.

Don

Well done you! Its funny, seems forever ago me and a good friend chatted about an accurate, alloy stop motion model being possible.......the rest, is history, with so many other people that jumped on board to make it happen, it wasnt a bad idea at all.
Thats a lovely rendition of Isels resin garage kit.

lee

Very nice job on the build.Cool to see the mods you did to it.You mentioned doing a scratch build,did you start it yet?

Dave

Yeah,also just a suggest,replace the unaccurate rear head part from Tamiya 1:35 KV-I.

Don

I have that part on its way to me via Mars (thanks to Jason) but i will use it on the scratch build. I don’t think it would have fit this kit too well and as i said i just wanted to finish the kit.

Dude, that is awesome. Old news or not I will love to build one. How tall is that sucker??

Mike

Mate at work now but it would be around 300 to 400mm depending how you position the legs. Here is a pick next to some 1:1 helmets.

8324187122_d66ffc198a_c.jpg

Very nice job on the AT-ST! I like the weathering! :thumbsup

Do you intend to sell it already?

I will sell it if i can but not sure what it would be worth, i would like a bit more than what the kit cost and it is fragile so postage will have to be done well. Have to admit i do like it but will prefer a scratch built one and to do that will need to sell it.

Nice pic of helmet collection:thumbsup
Let me know if ya started the scratch1,Im also working on mine now but slowly,I might help ya with the parts you need,depend on what part you need mate:)

Don

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back