Need your expertise on a Raider of the Lost Ark jacket / Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by CJP, Apr 22, 2015.

1. CJP

CJP Well-Known Member

I'd like to have the most accurate Raiders jacket I can and I am looking at the Wested Special Raiders 'Hero' Jacket (http://www.wested.com/special-raiders-hero-jacket---various-skins-512-p.asp).

What I'd like to know, if I were to order this, what changes should I request to make it more screen accurate? Right off the bat, I can see that the lining color is too light, and that the side straps lack the box stitching. Will the zipper pull be on the left side, or will I have to request that? Is there anything else?

Or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Crazylegsmurphy

Crazylegsmurphy Active Member

Hey,

My suggestion is to head over to IndyGear, and sign up for the forums. Not that others here couldn't, but that community knows that jacket very, very, very well.

3. Raiders March

Raiders March Active Member

I just got a hero jacket from them in shrunken lambskin, the lining is'nt as light in colour as the pic shows. Things that could be improved are:
    zipper gauge and type, length of side straps and a few other minor details, but i'm very happy with mine, the fit is great. Just make sure if you buy one from them, that when they dispatch your jacket, they get your address right. When they sent my one, they left off some of my address details, which resulted in an extra couple of weeks wait while my address was cofirmed by the post office. Not really good enough when they charge you express shipping charges ( + exchange rates) and you still have to wait three weeks to get your item. Great jacket, would recommend, just a bit disappointed however with their customer service 20150508_085055.jpg

4. CJP

CJP Well-Known Member

What size is the jacket you have pictured? Are you thinking a finer sipper gauge? How many teeth per inch (or cm) is your jacket? What other minor details would you change?

5. Raiders March

Raiders March Active Member

It's a size 42. The original had a smaller gauge aluminium zipper, Wested use either nickel or brass ones i believe. The other minor details like stitching or the size of particular comppnents of the jacket don't bother me enough to have them changed.