need voices for a fan film

Lflank

I am finishing up my latest fan film, and as usual I have a few minor characters that need pickup lines. It's titled "Aliens: The New Hive". So if anyone would like to lend their voices to my fan film, just record yourself speaking these lines, and send the file to me as an email attachment at lflank@yahoo.com . Please also let me know what name you would like to appear in the credits. I prefer WAV files, but I can convert if necessary. I need lines for two different characters--please feel free to do the voices for both, and I'll just pick the voices I like for each character. I prefer deep voices for both characters, but if your voice isn't deep that's OK, I can modify it digitally to get what I need.

So the lines I need are:

(First Character: He is the ship's helmsman and is on the bridge).

"Captain, a small vessel is approaching us."

"It is hailing us."

(Second Character: He is a crew member who finds a xeno egg, approaches it, sees it opening, and calls out to the others.)

"Something is happening over here!"

He then gets facehugged, so I need about ten seconds of muffled scream, attempts to breathe, mmph and gurgle and choking, then a passing-out. Shove your fist in your mouth and go to town with it. :lol

I'll post the movie here as soon as it's done.

For those who don't know me from other forums, I do all my fan films solo. I play all the characters, and film them one at a time in front of a greenscreen and then composite them all together. For me, it's a game to see how much I can do and how sophisticated I can get all by myself.

Here are a couple of my previous fan films:

Predators: The Hunt - YouTube

Predator vs Stormtroopers 2 - YouTube

Hey! I've got a pretty deep "Booming" kind of voice. (Im 19) Anyways, I wouldnt mind doing the voices for you. The real question is, what accent do you want it in? haha

How does the helmsman say his lines? We've got a recording booth at the station I could use but need to know how you want me to say them.

As far as inflection and emotion, think of Worf on the bridge of the Enterprise (though the characters don't look anything like Worf). Just matter-of-fact and businesslike--it's a freighter, not a military ship. Feel free to do a couple different versions--I'll pick the ones I like.

Since I am doing the voices for all the major characters (I digitally modify it for each character), it's best to do an American accent.

Many thanks to everyone. :)

I do an internet podcast on blog talk radio. If you need a baritone/tenor voice send me an e-mail @ my username at gmail dot com with a script and an mp3 of you or someone else speaking the lines at the cadence and intonation you want. I'll record them as either a .wav or .mp3 and e-mail you the clips.

I do an internet podcast on blog talk radio. If you need a baritone/tenor voice send me an e-mail @ my username at gmail dot com with a script and an mp3 of you or someone else speaking the lines at the cadence and intonation you want. I'll record them as either a .wav or .mp3 and e-mail you the clips.

I prefer wav files if possible. If you just send a variety of intonations and inflections, that'll be cool--I'll pick the ones I like. It's nice to have a selection to choose from. :)

OK, I've already got four submissions. Anyone who still wants to submit is welcome to (it'll be a couple days yet before the movie is finished), but I only need two characters, so apologies and thanks to those who don't get picked.

It looks good. If you need any more voicework done let me know. Does this mean I get my own IMDB page now :D

I should send you some of my stories. You at least have the capability to actually make them into films.

I should send you some of my stories. You at least have the capability to actually make them into films.

Well so do you--all it takes is some costuming, a camera, a tripod, and a piece of green cloth tacked up on the wall. ;)

Mostly what I do is a lot of boring tedious drudge work in front of a computer.

Ahh but I don't have the editing software and the knowledge in how to use it. I have found a version of Avid Free and a reg key for it, but I'm still trying to figure it out.

Ahh but I don't have the editing software and the knowledge in how to use it. I have found a version of Avid Free and a reg key for it, but I'm still trying to figure it out.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements for editing and After Effects for keying and FX. The learning curve is steep, but I cheat, and just learn how to do the particular things I want to do. :)

One skill I do wish I had was to build 3d models and animate them. My animation skills are crude at best, and I can't make my own models. I'm 52, and it's not easy for old dogs to learn new tricks.

I'm 44 and my skills run more to the mechanical. My largest issue is I have problem visualizing what I need. In school I couldn't understand a concept until I had a chance to see all the various parts in action. Then the explanations made sense. They told me I was a hands on learner.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back