need to fix my Phantom cowl - billy zane movie

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi, just got this mask for my birthday and would like to complete it with the black eye mask. not sure where i can get one similar to it but any advice would be great. here are some photos of it sitting on my desk at work. what do you folks think?

2uymzde.jpg

33kf9xs.jpg

2hyi5ps.jpg

Last edited:
If your not in a hurry. Myself or another artist could sculpt a fairly accurate mask, especially if I had that foam lifecast to do it on, since it looks like the the mask edge is even traced onto the face already, then it should be no problem to replicate it nearly exact.

Because its small, it shouldn't be to expensive, and it could be run out of foam so that it fits perfectly, unless you want it out of rubber instead, then it would need to be tacked down to fit the head perfectly.

And if you want, if there is interest, maybe a small 5 or 10 run of these
to help balance out the cost of the commission.

Heres one that we did for a nightwing commission. Its cold foam and as soft
and pliable as foam latex, only its hypoalergenic so the commissioner who is allergic to latex... um... wouldn't die trying to wear it~

nightwingmask2.jpg

NightBird_HeroMask.jpg

Anyways, it wouldn't be to hard then to mount it, black out the eyes
and you would have a nice complete head. But beware, it may cause
you to try and build the complete suit and then your stuck because finding
someone to screen thin mesh is hard and expensive~ lol

So message me if your interested~

geek17.jpg

Hi, just got this mask for my birthday and would like to complete it with the black eye mask. not sure where i can get one similar to it but any advice would be great. here are some photos of it sitting on my desk at work. what do you folks think?

2uymzde.jpg

33kf9xs.jpg

2hyi5ps.jpg

so thin and clean right around the nose
very prosthetic like

just a slight brow enhancement

I had heard that this, the under muscle suit, rings
and skulls were made by sculptor Fred Arbegast and was
was run by Jim Henson's Creature Shop and Fred guy that did a
bunch of stuff on Terminator, Waterworld, IJ4 and a bunch of other films.

thanks for the feedback everyone! Im still debating what to do with my cowl at the moment, i definitely want a nice acrylic case for it to make sure it lasts as well.

I see your post is very old but if you never found a mask I have Billy Zanes life cast from the film with the mask on it. If you'd like a copy of the mask I'd be happy to cast one up for you.

Allan L.

Billy really is a very cool guy. We are the authors of (among other things) several published Phantom stories and got to meet and know Billy a while back. We're actually hoping to work with him on a Phantom project in the near future. You couldn't meet a more genteel individual, especially one who works so prominently in Hollywood. That said, this is a really awesome prop, and a pretty amazing birthday present!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back