Need suggestions for quick costume for oct 2nd! updated sep 4

Grave

ok, so thanks to Amish, i have decided to build the Aliens USCM marine armor.
saddly, with the 1/4 foam, its not paintball proof like the 1/2" foam is. so my project may not survive. im not going to put too much work into it for that reason.
instead of doing the standard Spataflage, im just going to do black plasti-dip in hopes that it stands up for most of the day. so i guess ill be USMC special forces.

DSC_0035.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Need quick costume for oct 2nd!

mando armor works good! its only a few panels for the chest, but idk about your helm

Re: Need quick costume for oct 2nd!

you mean mandolorian? im guessing there will be a few sw costumes there. i was looking at them last night and didnt really like them. thanks for the suggestion.

Re: Need suggestions for quick costume for oct 2nd!

How about Dr. Horrible or Captain Hammer from Dr. Horribles Sing a Long Blog? if you havent seen it, its on Netflix. very quick "build" its something im planning on doing for Halloween.

I didn't think it looked all that hard. Next time I won't offer suggestion I guess.

@ bizarro - sorry dude. i want something pepakura i can do in foam. and Amish has a good idea if i can find the files

thanks amish. im going to see if i can find the pep files.

Thanks amish, you rock.

and sorry bizzario, didnt know you were a lady

What about a NEST trooper from TF3? It shouldn't require too much foam to recreate their armor and as long as you're not looking for total accuracy, black BDUs would work for the base uniform.

thanks riceball, but i actually have armor like that, which i wear for paintball regularly.
this is a halloween game with a costume contest. i think im going with the aliens armor.

thanks everyone. ill post pics when im done

Thanks amish, you rock.

and sorry bizzario, didnt know you were a lady

I always thought the name Lois was a giveaway(not my real name, of course). I guess it was more obvious when I had a Simponsized version of myself as my avatar.

so the armor is awesome and fits perfectly over my vest without having to cut anything out for my tank and pods.
but i dont feel armored enough. i was thinking of adding some bicep and thigh armor. been going through stuff, but i cant pick anything out. i want something thats open, kinda like a outside plate thats strapped on the inside. also was thinking of a helmet, but need something thats a full visor and not 2 eyes. i will NOT make a master chief helmet.
any pep suggestions?
i need them quick guys, not many workable days left.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back