Need Some Tips!

LMR5155

Okay guys so I've been a pretty big fan of anything predator for quite some time now, and honestly the idea of making a full costume that had the detail of a movie quality piece never crossed my mind. I figured it to be pretty much impossible, but I was surfing youtube videos the other day and saw some of you guys at comic con. I thought it was amazing to see costumes with such detail. anyway......I've decided that I would like to give it a try. As a "noob" to this, I'm just looking for a good starting point. I know I need to do some research. but basically what I'm asking is what all do I need to do to prepare for my first costume build? What did you guys do before your first attempt? I would hate to invest a good amount of money and supplies into it just to be disappointed with the end result, any tips would be great guys, Thanks!

Start reading man, start reading. That is the best thing I can recommend being a noob myself (in my opinion). Everyone starts at different points. I would say either a mask, or skin would be a good place to start.

My advice, also as a noob, would be plan,plan,plan. The money I've wasted going down one route, only to go in a different direction would make you cry. Does me.
If your building to a time limit, show, Halloween etc, expect it to take 3 times as long. And cost twice what you budgetted.
Also DON'T go anywhere near eBay. You'll only be throwing your money down the toilet. Stay on the lair for any ready made pieces
Good luck with your build and happy hunting.

When I first start my amour was cardboard, masking tape and PVA.... but that was before I found the lair. Since then I have remade my armour in so many different ways and techniques that I found I am continuously revamping this here and there. Even budget suits can turn out to be harmful to your wallet, trust me my wife is still telling me about it lol

This site is packed with advice in every corner. I'm not say read every crook and canny, just use the search bar and if your specific enough you will be shocked with what info and how-to's you will find. I agree with what The Eldest has said previous, stear clear of eBay at all costs (prop wise) most things are not legit (meaning sideshow recasts etc) or larger/smaller than described.

Good luck bud,

I'm a noob too. READ and RESEARCH but most importantly: LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE ON HERE. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! I have followed many of their directions and it is making it more easy to put things together. Tons of help on the site and everyone is very willing to help. Predators that stick together...well.. STICK together.

first of all welcome to the lair!!!!! my advice start reading the forum there is lot of info!!! i've came here just like you when i saw the vids on you tube , those bad ass pred's blowed my head hahaha "predator invasion" &"predator apocalypse" waiting for a ñew video :p
if your idea is to buy separately such as skin,mask,armor here you will find talent people if not you can build an amazing suit post your idea and we can help you on your build
here we are like the musketeers one for all and all for one :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back