Need some inspiration for lightsaber stands!

upandatom

My lightsaber (hilt only.) collection has been growing lately, seems like every week I've got another one sitting next to the mousepad. I want to display them and was wondering what the best things would be to use as stands.

Open to any and all ideas, and pictures would rock.

Thanks...

-kyle

I still like these inspired by TK171 from ages ago. I still have a half dozen or so but they won't fit in my bookshelf.

stand.jpg

It's a cheap doll stand.

1. Unscrew vertical support, turn 180 and secure again.
2. Using pliers, cut off the curved sections and straighten horizontal supports into a V shape.
3. Cover with rubber heat shrink tubing.
4. Cut small foamie square, you choose the colors, and glue to base to provide nonslip surface to rest saber.

Sweet. Since my wife collects Barbies (hey, I can't say much since I buy lightsabers.) I'm sure we've got some stands kicking around here someplace. Great idea.

Originally posted by B-Wing@Feb 19 2006, 01:13 PM
I found some nice looking acrylic ones that I am going to order. The price is not bad either. The web site is http://www.saberknights.com/ref/info/cradles/index.htm. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for or not. It looks like they sell them through ebay only. The link is on the web site.
[snapback]1188297[/snapback]​

Yes, they only sell through ebay. They only ship to the USA as well so any international customers are out of luck.

Originally posted by Luuke@Feb 19 2006, 03:09 PM
I have a display systems geared toward props, specifically lightsabers and other MR products. It's in prototyping right now. Manufacturing and amertising costs are being worked out along with custom packing and shipping containers. Poduction testing is scheduled for April, full production for late Q3 of this year.
[snapback]1188386[/snapback]​

Will you ship internationally?

I will be most anxious to see what you've got going :)

Originally posted by Luuke@Feb 19 2006, 02:09 PM
I have a display systems geared toward props, specifically lightsabers and other MR products. It's in prototyping right now. Manufacturing and amertising costs are being worked out along with custom packing and shipping containers. Poduction testing is scheduled for April, full production for late Q3 of this year.
[snapback]1188386[/snapback]​

I followed the link from this thread yesterday...and found some interesting saber pics...however, I tried to contact them and got the responce seen below...

Sheesh.
Too bad, it looked like an interesting group.

How Rude.....I don't usually rant like this, but this really caught me off guard.
Thought I'd share with anyone else who "Might" have been considering their product.

Hi there,
I'm a fellow saber builder and would love to join your group. I'm Sporak on most of the forums, you might have seen my work before on the RPF and elsewhere.
I love some of the designs I've seen on your website and would like to know more..I tried to join up and the page says I need an invitation code.
I can send examples of my work for verification if you want...it looks to be my kind of place
I do look forward to sharing with you all..
Thanks, Bill

I know who you are.
Youre not fooling anyone Mike.
(If that was even your real name)

Stop emailing me.
I just block your address and never get them.
I wont get your answer to this one either.

Give it up.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back