Need some advice on an airbrush

ashur

I hope I'm posting this in the right place since we lost the Materials and Safety subsection since the forum restructuring. I'm looking to buy an airbrush but am pretty clueless when it comes to picking the right one for our hobby. I found this Paasche TL online and wanted to get some input on it before I pull the trigger and purchase. From what I can see it's a decent starter brush, but like I said I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for. Any suggestions on this would be very helpful.

I hope I'm posting this in the right place since we lost the Materials and Safety subsection since the forum restructuring. I'm looking to buy an airbrush but am pretty clueless when it comes to picking the right one for our hobby. I found this Paasche TL online and wanted to get some input on it before I pull the trigger and purchase. From what I can see it's a decent starter brush, but like I said I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for. Any suggestions on this would be very helpful.

I use a cheap gravity fed Car airbrush for undercoats and large coats. For detail work I use a badger renegade velocity. I'm not really an expert but I find the badger to work really well as a high quality beginner brush

I use an Iwata airbrush gun...its nice...Dont use propelent canisters they suck.....If you are going to use it a lot you can usually pic one up at any hobby stores for around 50 to 100 dollars...usr a gravity feed too let clean up and works better...

I'm also in need of advice concerning airbrushing, but it's about the paints.
I've ordered an airbrush kit, compressor, airbrush pen and some other random things that came along the kit.
The paint i've ordered together with the kit are both lexan and acrylic paint, i figured lexan is used for rubber, latex and other flexible materials, while acrylic is ment for harder materials, such as resin, plastic, metal etc.
Or am i wrong?

I ordered all the paintbottles randomly, i noticed how the paints had different abbrevations, such as Silver metallic "HG-16", "TS-8", "XF-46", and lots more.
If anyone has the energy to explain what those abbrevations are, if i need to know what they do, if i can mix them with eachother, or if they are just irrelevant facts if you just want to paint.
The seller did not support info.
Would appreciate any info about what paints to use on what materials, and any other information about paints.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back