Need quick help! Spray adhesive?

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I printed out a bunch of labels for alchohol bottles for a party tonight and I need to use spray glue (or something else that will work) to apply them to my bottles.

Where can I go get spray glue? Hardware stores, Wal-Mart, etc..?

I don't have time to shop around... :( Please help me.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sulla @ Jul 3 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1273392[/snapback]</div>
I printed out a bunch of labels for alchohol bottles for a party tonight and I need to use spray glue (or something else that will work) to apply them to my bottles.

Where can I go get spray glue? Hardware stores, Wal-Mart, etc..?

I don't have time to shop around... :( Please help me.
[/b]

According to This-To-That, you should use 3M 77 adhesive. You can probably find it at Home Depot or possibly at a craft store like Michaels or AC Moore.

Go to Hobby Lobby or Wal Mart. In the craft section there is a spray on adhesive, I cant remember the name, but the can has an orange cap and the can is a dark blue. I use it for the same thing and it works really great.

3M Super 77 is where it's at. Works great, just make sure you isolate and spray onto the back of the label only. That stuff is a nightmare if you get overspray on anything else. I believe I picked mine up at Wal-Mart, but I'm pretty sure a place like Hobby Lobby or Michaels woudl carry it too.

-sctcarts

Thanks everyone. I nabbed some 3M Super 77 at Wally World and it worked great. My novelty alchohol labels were a great hit last night.

<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ Jul 4 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1274029[/snapback]</div>
Any pics?
[/b]
Some friends took some at the party, but I was too pressed for time to take any and I didn't bring any home with me. They went home with other people as suveniers. I'll see if I can get some shots from some folks who took pics at the party.

They were mostly Blue Sun alchohol labels and Dahrma labels. But there were some made for specific people too.

<div class='quotetop'>(BlindSquirrel @ Jul 4 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1274065[/snapback]</div>
I know it's too late but for future projects you might want to look at a Xyron Adhesive applicator.

http://www.xyron.com/enUS/Products/Adhesive_Runner_2_.html

I put together packaging comps at my day job and we moved to the Xyron system over the messy and potentially toxic spray glues. It lays down a thin layer of glue (comes in both repositionable and permanent strengths) exactly where you want it.
[/b]
:confused oooh. Looks pretty nice. I'll have to try that out. Thanks a bunch. Kewl.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back