Need opinion on Terminator jacket

SaberFreak

Sr Member
I'm thinking of getting a Terminator jacket to use as a riding jacket, and I came across this site which offers free worldwide shipping.

But I'm confused with their listing. They have two listings for what seem to be the exact same jacket. Any one has any idea if there's any difference between the two?

Listing 1: Terminatorr Leather Jacket | Terminator Motorcycle Arnold Schwarzenegger Jacket

Listing 2: Arnold Terminator 2 Jacket | Judgment Day Jacket

Any suggestion on other better sources for this jacket would also be appreciated.

Between the two I would definently go with "listing 1" since it has reviews and a picture of the jacket offered and not just a screen shot from the movie.

Listing 1 appears to be a replica of the jacket Schwarzenegger wore in The Terminator (despite the fact that the fourth photo in the listing is a still from Terminator 2). Listing 2 appears to be a replica of the jacket he wore in Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

The jackets in both movies were based on a "classic" motorcycle jacket style, but had subtle differences; whether or not this website has reproduced them accurately I have no idea.

The jackets in both movies were based on a "classic" motorcycle jacket style, but had subtle differences; whether or not this website has reproduced them accurately I have no idea.

I have. They aren't accurate at all. Calling it a "replica" just goes to show they have no idea what it means. :facepalm

It would be good to have pics of the "replica jacket" on the 2nd listing
IMO one of the main differences is the sided crossed leather stripes the jacket has on T2

It shouldn't have shoulder straps... pockets in the wrong place, like I said not accurate at all. Also this type "replica" can be found on eBay for around $80-$90... some around $150, either way, cheaper than that site.

celebsclothing has been guilty of stealing images of other makers' jackets for their own use. There's no way to tell if that's even the jacket you'll receive. They're just another generic fashion jacket maker with questionable business practices. filmjackets.com is a great place to check for advice on things like this.

If I recall correctly, the Terminator jackets were originally made by Bates Custom Leather Co, which are admittedly much more expensive, but also miles ahead of these jackets in quality.

On that note, if you're using the jacket as a true riding jacket, I would aim for something that was actually made for riding. Many of these fashion jackets say "100% leather" but they'll shred like paper if you take a spill. This particular style of jacket is pretty widely available from reputable vendors and you can get a Bates, Schott, or Vanson (among others) that will save your skin if you go down. If cost is an issue, you can get similar designs from motorcycle shops (ie: revzilla, motorcycle-superstore, etc) at lower prices that will still hold up better than these. It's better to pay a little more now than a lot more later.

Stepping off my soapbox now...

Last edited:
...if you're using the jacket as a true riding jacket, I would aim for something that was actually made for riding. Many of these fashion jackets say "100% leather" but they'll shred like paper if you take a spill. This particular style of jacket is pretty widely available from reputable vendors and you can get a Bates, Schott, or Vanson (among others) that will save your skin if you go down. If cost is an issue, you can get similar designs from motorcycle shops (ie: revzilla, motorcycle-superstore, etc) at lower prices that will still hold up better than these. It's better to pay a little more now than a lot more later...
Amen to that! Riding jackets are made to a higher standard and they're more expensive than "regular" leather jackets, but the extra cost pays for itself if the leather ever hits the road.

Bates or schott if you are looking for a riding jacket.

As mentioned before filmjackets.com will help you in your search

I've finally settled on a jacket, so now I'm trying to find the sunglasses.

Anyone know a source for inexpensive replica Persol sunglasses?

Met with one of the two owner's at Bates today. Wonderfully gracious and friendly. Confirmed they do still have the T2 original jacket, though was too late in the day for me to see. Their current replica jacket ("replica" as much as a Wested jacket or Morgan whip is a "replica") is now selling for $1,300-ish...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back