Need movie references for pitch....

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!

I need to tap into the vast pit of movie likes and knowledge in here...

I have a pitch for a "High School Reunion" type flick. Briefly, it's two guys who weren't invited to their reunion, and are trying to find it.

So just to get the ideas flowing, I like to watch a bunch of movies in the genre I'm in, and see what worked/didn't

I have a few already at home... obvious ones like "Romy and Michelle", "Grosse Point Blanke" but I also will check out opening sequences of "Zack and Miri"

I would also like to find some flicks where the person or group is looking FOR a party... like "The Night Before"

So any suggestions or faves would be appreciated!

oh, and while not movies, but still hilarious, the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode where they go to the High School Reunion

and just for giggles, the Bob's Burgers High School Reunion episode as well

oh, and while not movies, but still hilarious, the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode where they go to the High School Reunion

and just for giggles, the Bob's Burgers High School Reunion episode as well

THIS is the tone, so THIS I will need to check out... Thanks!

(I have just recently downloaded all seasons, so that's a nice coincidence!)

The premise of being on a quest, lost in a big city, with random encounters was captured well in Scorsese's "After Hours." It's Scorsese but it's a nice comedy and a great ride. Well worth watching in its own right.

THIS is the tone, so THIS I will need to check out... Thanks!

(I have just recently downloaded all seasons, so that's a nice coincidence!)

Fun facts...

The exterior shots in the parking lot scenes and school were shot at my old high school, St Joseph's Prep.

It is a private Catholic School for boys.

It is at 17th and Girard Ave in downtown Philly not too far from temple. Not a great or safe neighborhood, but it was founded in 1851 long before the neighborhood went to utter crap. It has been making a comeback though in recent years

Rob McElhenney also graduated from that school, although several years after I graduated so I never crossed paths.

At any rate, while they used the exterior, the interior was "too nice" so they shot the interior scenes at some other location

Last edited:
I should note that I didn't go to my high school grad OR reunion (Cuz I HATED high school) so I only have what I've seen in movies...

But since that's what this is for... a movie pitch... I feel okay about it. ha.

I've been meaning to watch After Hours, so I'll check that as well...

I'm trying to think of any flick where there's a party that's hidden to nerds...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back