Need More Help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mighty Pepito

So I trimmed up all my armor today and as a result I have a few questions.

1: How do you attach the armor to the skin... glue? Velcro? Should it be perminent? I think the movie suits were essentially one piece, but I'd like to be sure

2: If you do attach them permently to the skin... CA Glue? Something else?

3: I tried on my Shins, and wow... it's like trying to put on wet leather leggings lol. Do you lubricate the latex before you put it on? (I hope this question doesn't derail the thread), if so what do you use.

4: As far as the feet go, is it okay to put a slit up the back of the foot, put a boot in, and then build from there?

I'd appriciate some help.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ei luj

#1 I used velcro on my leather armor, not sure on how to glue to latex

#2 not sure

#3 use baby powder on the inside.

#4 maybe slot and velcro closure

I'm going latex for my next suit, so I have much the same questions.

---
Ei'luj

Mighty Pepito

Baby Powder.... Got'Cha

I'm thinking glueing the armor to the suit would be the easiest thing to do... I just want someone to say, "Yup, that's waht i did.. worked great"

Mr Fett

Sr Member
If it's latex armor, most people connect it right to the latex skins using contact cement around the edges.

For the feet, yes you can make a slit up the back to fit the boots in, then if you want just superglue the slit back together and maybe run a little extra liquid latex along it to blend it back together if you're worried about looks.

Uratz

Sr Member
#3 Use a lot of talcum powder or baby powder. Usually the latex suits are molded onto liotard, 1 piece thin fabric suit, then they wear another lycra suit and use a lot of powder to slip it on.

Mighty Pepito

Thanks guys, I was a little dumb founded when i couldn't slide my shin on to see how it looks.

So my skin will be made on a MR I suit, is it a good idea to wear underarmor underneather that? Or will I die from heat exhaustion?

As for the boots, thanks Mr. Fett, I hadn't thought of glueing it back together, but that will look nice. Still trying to decide how tall I want to be in armor, I stand 6'3", so I'm 6'5" - 6'6" with mask and Bio, I may do boots to get a few more inches... or I might say frack it and just put in some comfy shoes.