Need iron man foam helmet help

Is there anywhere specific that I should make the cuts, also how do I attach it all together once its on me

Here are pics of my own:

2012-02-25230557.jpg

2012-02-25230646.jpg

2012-02-25230658.jpg

Once you finish the helmet and harden it, you'll cut along the ear pod line around the back and to the other side. Most people use magnets to attach the pieces

My helmet is made of thin craft foam and it fits just fine.. its also snug against my head like it should be.

Who's model did you use? If you're doin foam then you shouldn't have to take the bottom part out in order to fit you head in.

Try this one! I think it is the most accurate Iron Man helmet out there. It doesn't have those huge bulky edges on the bottom that block your head from sliding in like robo cat's does.

01 Helmet(Thin craft foam).pdo

29d77tz.png

Last edited:
Woah thanks for the replies, guys.

Well Im using quarter inch thick foam... it came in a roll. Would that helmet be good for this kind?

Also, a few more questions while youre here....

- I get confused looking at the pep file. I was using Robo's, and his has flaps (even for stealth's edited foam version) that I dont think should be there and it screwed me over tonight. Does this one have flaps?
- How much do I ACTUALLY cut out of the unfolds? Like on the model for the one you just posted, it has a bunch of slits on the head. It doesn't look like you cut the slits.
-I bought an X-Acto 45 degree cutter and it honestly just doesn't work very well. What do you use for angles?
-How perfect do my cuts need to be? I was kicking myself in the butt for messing up and my friend said they didn't have to be perfect. I honestly have a hard time getting near-perfect cuts. Lack of good lighting really.

Woah thanks for the replies, guys.

Well Im using quarter inch thick foam... it came in a roll. Would that helmet be good for this kind?

Quarter inch thick foam isn't good for the helm. Thinner foam should be used here. Don't worry because it will still be nice and solid.

My helmet is made of thin craft foam and it fits just fine.. its also snug against my head like it should be.

Who's model did you use? If you're doin foam then you shouldn't have to take the bottom part out in order to fit you head in.

Try this one! I think it is the most accurate Iron Man helmet out there. It doesn't have those huge bulky edges on the bottom that block your head from sliding in like robo cat's does.

01 Helmet(Thin craft foam).pdo

29d77tz.png

You did a good job there, but if you´re going to use my file and modify it the minimum thing to do is to credit me.

Please modify that file´s name accord it.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back