Need input on this Vader lid

kalkamel

Master Member
As the title of the thread says... your opinions on the lid in the pics are appreciated.

1d_12_sb.JPG

ff_12_sb.JPG

0c_12_sb.JPG

vaderhelm3.jpg

vaderhelm2.jpg

vaderhelm.jpg

DP deluxe repro with lengthened helmet....and modified mounting mechanism from ESB....overall a nice example of a DP deluxe repro....although the helmet (dome) is a bit too large....

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jul 22 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1285664[/snapback]</div>
...looks like a lid from XTRM...nice, but a little soft....
[/b]

I agree with kev tho it is a nice lid for around the 400 or 500 dollor mark in IMO

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jul 22 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]1285664[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
Can you define 'soft'? I'm trying to decide which lid to get and from which seller, and am having a hard time making up my mind...

<div class='quotetop'>(SaberFreak @ Jul 22 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]1285854[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jul 22 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]1285664[/snapback]
[/b]
Can you define 'soft'? I'm trying to decide which lid to get and from which seller, and am having a hard time making up my mind...
[/b][/quote]

By "soft", they're referring to how sharp the detail is (or isn't). For example, the strip that runs over the top of the dome is not very well defined.

However, in my opinion, it is quite a nice looking helmet overall.

<div class='quotetop'>(SaberFreak @ Jul 22 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]1285870[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for the explaination. So I should be looking for a lid with sharp, defined lines all round. Got it. :thumbsup
[/b]

The better the lid the more $$ you are going to spend generally. Shop around.

Thanks for the opinions, guys. Just some more questions: the DP Deluxe had a shortened dome, right? Or was that the DP CA? But the dome on the lid in the above pics have been lengthened to actual dimensions?

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Jul 23 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1286028[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for the opinions, guys. Just some more questions: the DP Deluxe had a shortened dome, right? Or was that the DP CA? But the dome on the lid in the above pics have been lengthened to actual dimensions?
[/b]
DSC03962.jpg

CA on the left rubies on the right.

Thanks for the comparison pics, GZ. What I was asking for was the differences (if any) in the dome sizes for the DP Deluxe, DP CA and the Rubies. The way I understand it is that the dome for CA and Rubies are somewhat shorter than the screen used dome, and I was wondering if the DP Deluxe suffers the same problem.

The reason I asked is that the seller told me the helmet is made based on a DP Deluxe by Portumac.

The mounting systems on the rubies and DP CA suck with a little moding both can be made to look the part i should say. A little dremel and a lot of patience makes all the diffrents. But with the helmet you have your eye on it looks as if it has been modifed so you will have no worrys of a sort dome.

The mounting mechanism reminds me on the Rubie's full size Vader (rubber) mannequin...could be cast off of one of those masks. The helmet of the Rubie's Vader has a round piece of wood bondoed in with two screws sticking out...that's why the dome usually sits too high on those puppets. Additionally, most of the helmets of the Rubie's mannequins feature a huge dome flare.

Tom

I own a CA. I don't think it is that the dome is too short as much as it is that the mounting has it sitting too high up. There is a user here who trimmed his mount for the dome on his CA and it looks about perfect.

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Jul 23 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1286028[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

The DP Deluxe did have a shortened dome.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back