Need idea

Burnubad

Hi all,

I am new to the site, and i have spents a few days now reading tutorials and such and I am wanting to build a suit, but i sorta have a problem... I have seen the mr incredible skin tut's and they are awesome, but that sadly is not an option for someone of my size and stature. 6'6" tall 375 lbs ... the dont quite make a Mr incredible suit big enough lol. I was just wondering if anyone could share a little info on what i can do as far as how to make my skin. I have seen people make 2 part skins and then connect them, I'm just not sure how to go about doing something like this. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Burn

i have seen some of the others do suits in two pieces. I would maybe recommend getting the i-suit or a different superhero suit depending its fit and then adding more material to it as necessary. The issue I had with mine is I'm smaller but I have broad shoulders for my size. So i cant perfectly fit an adult large and a teenager is way too small.

My first suit was a 1 piece, but next time I will definitely do it in two parts. Maybe doing the latex on the suit and cutting the suit at the waist. Use suspenders to hold the bottoms up and then designing armor around the the gap it there is one. Another idea is adding more cloth to do skin for the top and latex-ing over it.

A lot of this is trial and error. the guys on this forum are quite crafty. we'll see what ideas others have on this. I will try to work with you on ideas and see if we can figure something out for you.

You can also try to get generic neoprene diving suits and latex over them. Thin one would suffice.
The latex may shrink it a little bit so make a duct tape dummy of yourself a bit bigger. Maybe tape over a light sweater/long sleeve/long johns

thank you both for the input, hopefully i'll be starting on my suit soon, just got a little contemplating to do, and some materials to buy

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back