Need help with some files.

tasinios

Hello there everybody.So i decided to make a deathstroke helmet but in order to do that i need pepakura files which i cant find....basically i cant find scaled files and all the files i find are usually for foam builds....The helmet i want to make is the type of helmet made by cardstock with templates printed from the computer which then gets hardened by fb resin and after that getting the right shapes using bondo....A fiberglass/bondo helmet to be precise.I have made an iron man helmet in the past and i really enjoyed it so i said why not go for it.Please help me....give me a link to some good files.Thanks in advance,

I like jfcustom's Arkham deathstroke because it looks easier and its good since this is my second build. Can you change it to paper for me?? I would be glad if you could do this also will it have the numbers that are used to match the pieces when its printed?And last but not least i am gonna need some help to scale it to fit.

I have the file downloaded already, doesnt look too hard to do, will have a go at it over the weekend and yes it will have the numbers on the tabs, also what size do you need? if you close a door on your head so that your ears are touching the door and the frame and measure the gap then I can set the sze for you. And lastly do you want paper size A4 or letter?

Wow thanks man...i want it to be on A4 sized paper.I dont undertand the soze thing you said about the door thing.You want me to measure my from ear to ear distance??Or you can send me a pocture of the proportions you want me to measure.

Wow thanks man...i want it to be on A4 sized paper.I dont undertand the soze thing you said about the door thing.You want me to measure my from ear to ear distance??Or you can send me a pocture of the proportions you want me to measure.

Ear to ear measurement mate, easiest way ive found to do this is to put my head in a door way with a ruler on the floor and close the door until it touches my ear and take the measurement from this

Ok so here is what i did.I touched my nose on a piece of paper and put a ruler on my left ear,marked the paper and then i did the same with my right ear..The distance i got was 17-19cm..sorry but i couldnt do that door thing :p. Also i remember that i must use 110 lb cardstock paper to print on but here in my country we measure it in grams.Do you know how much grams i should go for?

Last edited:
Ok so here is what i did.I touched my nose on a piece of paper and put a ruler on my left ear,marked the paper and then i did the same with my right ear..The distance i got was 17-19cm..sorry but i couldnt do that door thing :p

No worries, everyone has their own way of doing things. I will set the mask to 190mm wide, this should give you enough room to allow for fibreglass and padding. Will make a start on it tonight and should have it ready to send over by sunday evening at the latest, if you pm me your email I will send it to you as soon as its done.

OK i sent you my email.Let me know if you know about the paper thing i said in a previous comment

Im not familiar with that method, ive only ever used the door method to measure the width of my head, I know mine is 170mm wide ive sketched a crap pic of what I mean, might make more sense than my explanation. 20150911_151627.jpg

Yeah i understand that but i didnt mean that :p.....I was asking if u know anything about this comment i mentioned before (Also i remember that i must use 110 lb cardstock paper to print on but here in my country we measure it in grams.Do you know how much grams i should go for?)

Isnt that a bit ''thin'' dunno i think in my previous iron man helmet i used 205 grams paper.....Anyways i used the door technique to measure and i get 18cm just to let u know...i managed to do it hahahahah

Isnt that a bit ''thin'' dunno i think in my previous iron man helmet i used 205 grams paper.....Anyways i used the door technique to measure and i get 18cm just to let u know...i managed to do it hahahahah
110gsm is a little thin for most things but it can be better for really small parts sometimes, I think I used 180gsm for my arkham knight build.
180mm is fine, I will set total width to 190mm so you have some room for the fiberglass and padding.

Thanks a lot mate...SO now that this is scaled i just print and start the pepwork right???Also what kind of glue do u suggest for that tiny little folds...and for the bigger ones as well.I Used hot glue on my iron man helmet but it wasnt so easy to use and i got some imperfections on the pep.

its all ready to print mate, I use PVA glue, the same kind most schools use, I buy from builders merchants as its cheaper, it doesn't dry too fast so gives you time to get the tabs lined up properly and doesn't leave a mess behind i only use hot glue in places where the tabs are too small

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back