Need Help With Replicating a Gun Named After Me!

MythMaker

I am bigtime into "The Division" games and community. The picture in my profile is my cosplay of the game's best bad guy - "The Hunter." It was a great honor when the devs actually named a gun in the game after me (my gamertag is Splintershield and the gun is called the Shield Splinterer). So... of course, I had to make sure I had a physical version of that gun! Its an F2000 and I found a great deal on Ebay for an amazing airsoft replica. In the game, it comes with a white paintjob, so I've painted it white.
But it has some intricate decals on it, with raised embellishments (not sure if theres a better word for it), and... I'm not sure how to recreate this (see the pics attached)? I have the image file from the game, which should make it relatively easy to recreate the decals, but I am at a loss for how to make the raised embellishments. Has anyone out there ever done something like this? Many thanks for any tips or advice!

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22020-1-24-22-48-58.jpg Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-7-30-7-29-3.jpg 20191111_125448.jpg

Last edited:
I bet a cnc machine could do that ;-)
Or for the leaf looking embellishments you could use warbla and make them yourself.
As far as the patterned grid- maybe you could find some ventilation/heater grid and overlap it that has that same pattern
Orrrrget it all 3d printed

Last edited:
plug your computer into your tv or some other large screen. Put image of your gun on the tv the same size as actual gun. Place paper on the tv screen and trace out details.

Now you have a perfect template.

Put template on gun and paint. If you want it raised, after initial paint job, put a moat of clay around details and pour pigmented resin into clay boats.

BTW if you need to hire a 3D modeller to create these for you, I suggest CGtrader.com. They have a system there that allows you to hire artists on the site. Before I started working in Fusion and Zbrush, I hired an artist from Siberia to do some work for me using CGtrader. It worked great and was not terribly expensive at all.

BTW if you need to hire a 3D modeller to create these for you, I suggest CGtrader.com. They have a system there that allows you to hire artists on the site. Before I started working in Fusion and Zbrush, I hired an artist from Siberia to do some work for me using CGtrader. It worked great and was not terribly expensive at all.
Ooo, THIS might be exactly what I need. THANK YOU for this suggestion!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back