Need Help with P1 Mask Touch-up

Ol Painless

Hey guys,

I need help fixing some trouble spots on my P1 mask. It looks like air bubbles and a messed up seem line is the cause of these flaws. What is the best way to fix this? I would like to use something that I can shape and make it look smooth again.

IMG_1679.jpg.gif

IMG_1683.jpg.gif

IMG_1685.jpg.gif

IMG_1684.jpg.gif

I'm really excited to start painting this baby. This is my first mask, so I'm gona need lots on info from the "Gods of Masks"...

Thanks everyone,

-Oldpainless

latex. get some and pour tiny bits onto something you can peel it right off of. let those small portions cure. and start putting them in the holes. use fresh latex to seal them in. keep doin this until it gets built up. it will take some time, but if you take some care, it should take shape. any excess you can always trim off later when it completely cures. it won't look perfect but it's the only thing i can think of, short of sculpting a new little piece, hacking of the messed up part and putting on the new piece.

GL
Daman

Agreed with xdmray.

Latex would be fine to fill flaws.

I suggest not painted it till you fill the voids with latex.

I painted mine first and latexed after. It peels right off.

Latex sticks well to latex. It doesn't adhere too well to paint.

Sweet, Thanks guys!

So dose latex come in really small amounts like what I need? Maybe 8 oz or so... And do yall think "Tuff Stuff" foam filler or Silicon Caulk would work just as well??? I'm only using the mask for display.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back