Need help with finding mando armor

Kuba2pl

Hello everyone! Some time ago I've made an AR7 mando helmet in paper (pic down below) and after that I was searching for some nice looking mando armor to work together with this helmet. I found one pic while I was searching around on Google but there was no informtion who made it or if there's any file for it. While I was looking for it here, I found something similar which was the "Wookie mando armor" but it still wasn't the same. I also asked for it on Pepakura group so maybe I would find the maker ( so I did, but he didn't want to give any file :/ ). Now Im asking you guys if you got anything similar to this armor and if yes I would be really thankful for helping me!
IMG_20180504_232401.jpgIMG_20180504_232320.jpg
The armor I'm looking for (epic, isn't it?)
b4a28dc29dfe007bef22847225b76417.jpg

Not sure, I'm still a beginner and never done something like that before so it may be difficult, but at least I will start with something. It doesn't need to be made with too many details because it will be impossible for my first try, but I would still try to make it look as good as possible.

Have you asked over at MandalorianMercs.org? They might be able to assist too. They kinda specialize in this sort of thing.

I would suggest heat forming Sintra (expanded PVC sheet) using the Wizard of Flight templates. They are available at the Mercs site. Sintra is easy to cut and heat form, and it's what most of us use for armor.

There's something to be said for many methods.I work with foam myself and although it takes time to perfect skills,I think in the end it's all about what suits you best.You may have to try out some methods in order to find your preference.
Cutting up a 3d model for pepakura use and then unfolding each piece/section isn't that hard.It's a combination of logic,practise and patience/persistance.

Thanks for your help guys :D I'll try to ask on MandalorianMercs.org as well and also download the model from George's link. Btw I thought I would start with resin since I bought some already, and might begin with some small part before making the armor or helmet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back