need help with designs and places for supplies

roboninja

I need help with designs for gauntlets and a spear. I would also like to have a partner in designing special details plz tell me what you can please I need to have it by halloween please. ;)

And so it begins...the Halloween rush is on.

You haven't given nearly enough info dude. Do you want to sculpt and mold these pieces? Do you want to make them out of something so you don't have to sculpt/mold? Do you want to make them out of sand, and then wait for lightning to strike so it will fuse into glass? How much experience do you have, have you built anything before? Have you even looked around to see if there are already any threads that might help? If not, do so.

You can always look in the Buy N Sell section for something that may exist already. Design something and making it may take longer than expected. I make my own parts and it takes a long time.

And so it begins...the Halloween rush is on.

You haven't given nearly enough info dude. Do you want to sculpt and mold these pieces? Do you want to make them out of something so you don't have to sculpt/mold? Do you want to make them out of sand, and then wait for lightning to strike so it will fuse into glass? How much experience do you have, have you built anything before? Have you even looked around to see if there are already any threads that might help? If not, do so.

Hez

I know right and it always seems the halloween rush crowd just wants a suit and usually if they pull off a suit the quality is completely lost
my opinion if you just want a predator suit to take trick or treating or to a have at a frat party where the suit wont survive just buy a rubies and be down with it.

Otherwise newby on the top of thread do some research like hez said and take your time and realize a suit by halloween is highly unlikely

Hez

I know right and it always seems the halloween rush crowd just wants a suit and usually if they pull off a suit the quality is completely lost
my opinion if you just want a predator suit to take trick or treating or to a have at a frat party where the suit wont survive just buy a rubies and be down with it.

Otherwise newby on the top of thread do some research like hez said and take your time and realize a suit by halloween is highly unlikely
I plan on makinging my own I plan on taking some of the costume that is ussually sold and then make it better I plan on using real blades using esay but reliable material and I want to find stuff to make better dreds for design and detail I am not a good artest at all. Iwas was hoping for help on that one mabe a mold for gauntlets around the actual machinery and I am also looking to make a cannon made from old dvd player parts and I was planing on doing this along time ago I just didn't have time. Oh and I also have a desing plan I. just need help excuting it. I almost forgot I need an idea for a pressure system for both spear and for the gauntlets

So not only do you want to rush, you want to use real blades with a pressure system, WOW I can see this ending with an awesome News story.

I plan on makinging my own I plan on taking some of the costume that is ussually sold and then make it better I plan on using real blades using esay but reliable material and I want to find stuff to make better dreds for design and detail I am not a good artest at all. Iwas was hoping for help on that one mabe a mold for gauntlets around the actual machinery and I am also looking to make a cannon made from old dvd player parts and I was planing on doing this along time ago I just didn't have time. Oh and I also have a desing plan I. just need help excuting it. I almost forgot I need an idea for a pressure system for both spear and for the gauntlets

You might need an English / Grammar book as well ;) Just kidding man. Maybe you should start here http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=10457 and maybe this http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=19141

Welcome to the Lair.

I need help with designs for gauntlets and a spear. I would also like to have a partner in designing special details plz tell me what you can please I need to have it by halloween please. ;)

I'm sure that something could've been worked out - if this were JUNE instead of SEPTEMBER.

This is a new one for me. You want functional equipment made up in time for Halloween... not to mention the actual suit? Let me stop you right there - using real blades is a bad idea, in this case anyway. I don't have to know you, to know that you'd end up hurting yourself or someone else. That goes double for the piston driven- or whatever spear you want to make up.

I'm with PunHulk. Just save yourself some time and hit up Ebay or the local costume shops for a Rubies Predator costume. They're extremely light weight, and chances are that if you're boozin' it up, you won't dehydrate as quickly. Because drinking alcohol and wearing an actual Predator suit that took years to make is a very un-wise decision.

Making even a decent looking Predator suit takes monthS, not days. Not to mention an ass-load of money to back the project. Everytime an individual takes on the task of creating a suit, they become a one- sometimes two or three-man FX shop. They're responsible for designing, sculpting, molding, painting, and assembling the suit. That is if they so choose to go that route. I would say that, if you want to MAKE your own costume, hit up hobby stores and pick up some craft foam - or "foamies" as they're refered to 'round heyah. As far as acutal metal pieces, that would probably be expensive. Or perhaps not, it depends on the type of metal, and whether or not you're good with metal-working tools. Anyhow, stick with plastic or cardboard. For the spear, hmmm... well, when I was 12 I made a 7ft non-retractable spear over the course of 2 months using nothing but pencils, plastic, and cardboard. Along with a blade and a computer gauntlet, cannon, disc, etc.

I wish you luck. If you thought the Predator would be easy to do in a period of a few weeks: you picked the wrong character to dress-up as for Halloween.

Why do u guys under estimate me wtf. But thanks to SOME of you for your advice
Word of advice, I'd drop the attitude. You may be being underestimated because you seem to be asking for a lot of help on some very complicated subjects. Hardly anyone here has working blade gauntlets or extendable spears. You say you want to make better dreads too, well dreads are one of the trickiest pieces of a suit to do. Almost anyone who tries it spends several hundred dollars experimenting with different foams and mold materials.

You say you need an idea for the pressure system for the spear and gaunts, which leads me to think that you don't really know what you're doing with these kind of systems. Essentially, it all sounds like you would like someone to design everything for you so you can put it together.

As far as handling weapons since you were 6...so what? Were these pressure operated, extendable wrist blades and spears? If not, then maybe you should stfu. There is a learning curve with any new weapon, and accidents happen.

If you want my serious advice, it is to work on a suit that will be non functional, but will still look cool, and there is a TON of info here for you to do this. If, after halloween you still want to go with the operational stuff, start working on it, but in my opinion, you will be biting off more than you can chew if you try and get everything that you want done in less than 2 months.

You will have trouble at a con etc with real blades, and possibly maybe asked to remove them. Not worth the time and effort when you are this close to halloween, it would be better to concentrate on getting a good suit before things like working weapons.

oh and please play nice ( ie drop the attitude )

Stfu. I have been dealing with weapons since I was 6 so I know what I'm doing
Perhaps a weapons forum is better for this..
http://sinza.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Why do u guys under estimate me wtf. But thanks to SOME of you for your advice
We aren't underestimating you. We are going off the information you gave us.. which is exactly 5 posts. You have no introduction, no profile info and as far as I can tell little or no experience in fabrication. Your sounding a lot like the 13yo out of Mesa about now.

You've gotten some sound advice here. If you want to disregard it because of your 7 years of weapons experience, by all means do so. Don't go expecting too much help to hurt yourself though.

There is a lot to offer here if you look into it.

Perhaps a weapons forum is better for this..
http://sinza.forumotion.com/forum.htm

We aren't underestimating you. We are going off the information you gave us.. which is exactly 5 posts. You have no introduction, no profile info and as far as I can tell little or no experience in fabrication. Your sounding a lot like the 13yo out of Mesa about now.

You've gotten some sound advice here. If you want to disregard it because of your 7 years of weapons experience, by all means do so. Don't go expecting too much help to hurt yourself though.

There is a lot to offer here if you look into it.

I am not 13 I am 16 and. I was planning on real and fake blades but thx for the forum

Ok ok I'm sorry for saying bad things but I just would like to make it by Halloween but I under stand it probably wont happen I would at least get some of it done by then

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back