Need help to get started on a Bio

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Spearhunter

Hullo all, I was wondering where a good place would be to start on a bio, not one to fit on a mask, but one to fit my own head, I plan on wearing it while I hunt, and wanted some advice on how to start, and if anyone has already done one and posted please forgive me, as I didn't find any with the search tool. Should I just plaster over a existing helmet or mask, or would I need to mold my face somehow? I'm not great at sculpting but I am working on a sketch at the moment.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

-- Spearhunter

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Demascus

Might I recommend if you don't want to purchase a pre made Bio that you use the pepakura file,
It looks a little complex but is actually fairly simple to construct. You will need to download the pepakura viewer first in order to see the PDO file. Once you download the file you can print it onto card stock and assemble it, form there you may choose to fiberglass the frame or coat it in a few layers of resin at your discretion.

The threat talking about the Pepakura bio can be found here:
pepakura predator mask

It's been built many, many times by all sorts of members on this board with relatively nice results.

If you need it here is a direct link to the Pepakura site, the viewer is completely free.
Pepakura

Here is a link to a few of many board discussions showing some others who built the bio:
Predator bio
yet another pepkarua bio

And both of these look beautiful so far. I even built my own bio and am working on armor made from the same program.

Most of this stuff is pretty easy to find if you just look for it, even if your not using the search bar. I recommend maybe in the future doing a little foot work of your own though first, some people get sort of irritated by answering the same question that's already been answered a hundred different times.

Spearhunter

I've seen that one already, but it looks to me like it's designed to fit a mask, I was hoping someone had made one that would be about human sized, I suppose. I plan on wearing it by itself, not with a Yautja mask/ costume.

MasterAnubis

I've seen that one already, but it looks to me like it's designed to fit a mask, I was hoping someone had made one that would be about human sized, I suppose. I plan on wearing it by itself, not with a Yautja mask/ costume.
With the editor (not the viewer) you should be able to scale it to what ever size you want. It just takes more sheets.