Need help taking apart an original Graflex 3-Cell

midrifter

Hey all.
I've recently purchased an original Graflex 3-cell and a 2-cell.
Both have their reflector dishes still attached. I was able to unscrew the reflector dish, but I have yet to figure out how to take off the metal arm that connects the reflector and the flash gun (so I can start converting them into lightsaber replicas).

Does anyone have detailed info on doing this?
Are there any websites with this type of info?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
-midrifter

If you're refering to the part that held the dish/reflector...all you do is push slightly down , then lean it forward and unhook the part from the square at the top of the flash...it comes right off...once you see how it works, you can put it on and off easilly...nothin' to it really :)

reflectorattachedtxt6gh.jpg

Sporak,
I can't believe it was that easy... It worked just as you said it would.
Thank you so much for your help.
-midrifter

Originally posted by Sporak@Mar 14 2006, 11:22 PM
If you're refering to the part that held the dish/reflector...all you do is push slightly down , then lean it forward and unhook the part from the square at the top of the flash...it comes right off...once you see how it works, you can put it on and off easilly...nothin' to it really :)

reflectorattachedtxt6gh.jpg

[snapback]1206020[/snapback]​

Congratatulations on getting a real one. :) I just coverted a couple last week, the prices have come down quite a bit on ebay, its just hard making sure you get the real thing. I now look at who is selling it, ( camera shop or private collector), the condition ( a little wear is good) and taking a close look at the sale photos. The bands used to hold the flash to the camera ussually leave tell tale markings on the lower battery section as well right above the clip box. Its easy to clean up and the grip hide the worse of the damage on older flash units.
What saber are you going to convert it to, ANH or ESB?

Thanks Tripoli.
I now have 2 original graflex 3-cells... I won a graflex 4 cell on ebay that just happened to include a "3-cell attachment (paid 103 for it since it was listed as the 4 cell...
I will be making the ANH and ESB version. One of the graflexes has a lot of natural wear and weathering already on it, so that will be the ESB one.
I'll post pics sometime in the future. I wanna get my hands on an original exactra 19 or 20 calculator and get the LED bubbles from that for my saber...then I will be a happy camper.

Originally posted by tripoli@Mar 22 2006, 07:23 AM
Congratatulations on getting a real one. :)  I just coverted a couple last week, the prices have come down quite a bit on ebay, its just hard making sure you get the real thing.  I now look at who is selling it, ( camera shop or private collector), the condition ( a little wear is good) and taking a close look at the sale photos.  The bands used to hold the flash to the camera ussually leave tell tale markings on the lower battery section as well right above the clip box.  Its easy to clean up and the grip hide the worse of the damage on older flash units.
  What saber are you going to convert it to, ANH or ESB?
[snapback]1210870[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back