Need help remembering a television episode

Laspector

Master Member
Yesterday I was driving, for my job, at about 4am and I was way out in the sticks. All of a sudden this possum was in the middle of the road. I managed to jog to the left a little and avoid hitting him. All of a sudden this memory was triggered in my brain of a television episode of some show. I can't remember what show it was or when I saw it, but it's really bugging me trying to remember what it was. Maybe someone can help.

The plot was as follows; There was a young teenage daughter. Her and a few friends wanted to drive to a concert far away. When her parents found out they refused to let them drive all that way without adult supervision. Finally, it was either the father, or an uncle, or some other parental figure who agreed to drive them to the show. So, they all get in a van and take off down the highway.

Somewhere along the deserted highway they hit some animal. I can't remember what kind of animal it was. Seems like it was either a raccoon or a hawk, or some other small wild animal, but it was not a dog or cat or any other domesticated animal. The animal is not dead but badly injured. The daughter wants to try to take it to a vet. All the other friends think she is crazy. They say the animal will probably just die anyway and they all want to get to the concert. Finally, the daughter convinces them all to help the animal.

They find a vet, but the animal needs an operation. After much argument, they all decide to pool their money to pay to save the animal. By now it is too late to get to the concert and they head on back home. As the episode ends, the friends have all been convinced it was the right thing to do and they are all laughing and talking about the "adventure" they had.

For the life of me, I have no idea why I am remembering this and I can't seem to recollect what show it was or when I saw it. A few years ago? Ten years? 20 years? Was this an episode of something like Full House, Cosby, Roseanne, or some other sitcom? I can't get it out of my head trying to remember and it is driving me crazy.

Any ideas?

Sounds like an episode of That 70's Show

I started to think that, but I don't remember Donna's parents driving anyone. Jackie's parents don't do squat. The only adults that ever drive them anyway are the Formans. Red drove a van once, and Kelso had a van, but no one else.

It sounds somewhat familiar, but I can't come up with anything.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back