Need Help! Pepakura Tools

RoyalN9ne

Hi guys I'm new to this whole pepakura thing. I've printed off the files for a halo energy sword on to cardstock paper and I am wondering if anybody uses tools of some sort to help with the folds. Any help is appreciated.

Have a ruler made from metal, that way when you cut the paper you get straight lines and you don't have to be afraid of cutting into a plastic or wood ruler.

Six inch metal ruler, scoring with a metal scriber - sort of like a large darning needle - drawing it along the ruler so it pushes a groove into the card instead of scratching or scuffing a groove. I also use a pin to mark each end of a valley fold, then score it on the other side of the card. Takes a little longer, but I get a better fold.

Six inch metal ruler, scoring with a metal scriber - sort of like a large darning needle - drawing it along the ruler so it pushes a groove into the card instead of scratching or scuffing a groove. I also use a pin to mark each end of a valley fold, then score it on the other side of the card. Takes a little longer, but I get a better fold.
Thanks! Very helpful. I've been using a 6 inch ruler.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back