Need help painting a Polyurethane cowl in time for Halloween.

Fastestfanalive

So after the issues I had with my jacket and having to figure out a way to make that work I'm now having issues with a cowl I ordered from Jesterfx. I asked for his polyurethane Kid Flash cowl to be cast in red and then painted red and silver and then added a rush fee to get it out as soon as possible. This was 19 days ago. Now the cowl has arrived and not only did he not cast and paint it in red and silver, he also didn't include the ear pieces.

Luckily I've got a pair of random ear pieces I got in a bundle from PrintedPropz earlier last month but I have no clue how to paint a cowl and make it stick to the cowl and also be flexible and not crack. I did a search and none of the ideas that came up seemed to be anything universally agreed on. To boot I think the newest topic on the subject that popped up was from a couple of years ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that I can pick up and use before Halloween rolls around? I was thinking just thin coats of spray paint but then I read that it doesn't like to adhere well to the PU. I then was thinking of cleaning it, spraying it down with primer and then spraying thin coats of spray paint over it but then I read that it wasn't really a great way to paint either.

Please, I'm super desperate, it seems like every part of this project has gone wrong in one way or another.

Help!

Wipe down with acetone, spray with adhesion promoter, then paint thin coats. Ideally the paint would be cut with acetone but should work otherwise.

Also contact JesterFX and get some of your money back. You clearly didn't receive what you ordered.

-BigHeroVince

Add this to the long, long, long list of complaints I've seen regarding this person. Shame too because they look very talented. Buyer beware x100 there I guess.

hate to jump on the hate bandwagon but i have also seen multiple threads from multiple places about him. always make sure you research who your buying from, and from what i hear in jester's case, make sure you research who you sell to as well

Painting urethane isnt easy to do for the average person. The best urethane paint is about the same price as what you most likely spent on the cowl itself. And that is for a pint kit. A gallon of urethane paint is around $600.00
I can paint it for you but it wouldnt be for a month or two once I am in the new studio.
Examples of my work. The fin was the studio made fin, the cowl is mine that I painted that is now on display at BJB enterprises.
14516615_1103032839787806_6888785227926293882_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back