[Need help] Into the Spider-verse's Miles morales suit spray paint

SoumthefirsT

So I want to be Spider man Ultimate(mile morales) at my Highschool's Openhouse but can not find any shop that sales costume in my country and to tailor it charges too much for a highschooler like me and will be too late for the deadline that will be in next week.

So now I've already ordered Spiderman classic suit which cost a lot cheaper and design to spray-paint it.
My question is
-I'm using motorcycle spray paint(already used it for grafiti and seem to look good enough) would that be okay?
-The suit that I ordered is a spandex fabric, will it work?

Please help me If it didn't do the trick I will still have time to change my plan.
Thanks

I'd use a fabric spray paint since normal spray paint would crack or fall off the suit. If you are going to do normal spray paint, definitely use thin coats to avoid cracking or peeling.

i made my Miles suit with spray paint. For me, normal spray paint was enough, but definitely use light coats. I also had to do the chest emblem with puff paint instead, as it created a more solid red that had more pop for the emblem. Spandex is good, it's what you need. If you could post a picture of what suit you ordered that would help me give you more tips. Plasti-Dip spray paint was suggested on here and while that could be really good, my only concern would be breathability in the mask.

Hey, did you actually do it? If so, how well did it turn out, what method did you go with, and how long did take for things to dry before wearing. It's 10/21/20 at 9:24PM ESTvand I have an early costume party at 7:30pm tomorrow. You think I have a chance?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back