Need help for a helmet visor

Fett80

Now that I have just finished my paintball helmet, I found myself wanting doing more paintball helmet. The reaction of my freinds was tremendous and I want to really push myself on my next build. You can see my paintball helmet here.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-paintball-helmet-123020/

I really dig the look of this suit.I want to make the helmet first But making the visor might be a problem because of the strange shape. Can anybody help me find something that has a similar shape or someone that can make one. The visor must be 3mm tick to meet the paintball regulation. I also want the visor to come up and down so some kind of pivot holes must be done in the visor to insert screws. Anyway, if you gyus can find me a place or something that could resemble, I will figure out the rest:)

Attachments

• Contact___Grunt_Soldier_by_Shimmering_Sword.jpg
    Contact___Grunt_Soldier_by_Shimmering_Sword.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 159
Anybody have a idea where I can found a item with the shape I am looking for for the visor to make a dummie for vacuuforming?

well you could take a blue mirrored motor cycle visor and turn it by 90 degrees, so its "sideways" and then cut it into shape. those things are quite cheap too, like 15 dollars on amazon iirc

What I did is sculpt the shape I needed for my own visor, take the correct colour perspex, lay it on a tray in the oven, heat it until it becomes floppy and then lay it carefully in the mould and shape it - worked great.

N.

What I did is sculpt the shape I needed for my own visor, take the correct colour perspex, lay it on a tray in the oven, heat it until it becomes floppy and then lay it carefully in the mould and shape it - worked great.

N.

Thank you a million times!! This is what I need!!!!!!!:cool

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back