Need help finding hardware for my pulse rifle

Wes R

Legendary Member
I asked at lowe's and the feed store and they never heard of a Stove screw (that's what it says on the material list) anyone have a clue what this is?

Wes,

Do you mean "Stove Bolts"? They are just common round headed and flat headed machine screws.....unless I'm mistaken.

Okay it's apparently any 3" bolt that will hold the stock to the shroud. I need to get some fairly sturdy.

Hey Wes, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.

I'm building a Spatcave PR kit and the thing is pretty sturdy, but I'm worried about the shoulder strap. It connects at both ends of the gun, but I can't find any pictures that really answer for me how it's connected. Furthermore, it obviously worked on the original guns because they had a solid Thompson with bent sheet steel from one end to the other, where the Spatcave is plastic. I can bolt the pieces together to make them hold pretty much permanently, but I worry that whatever I connect the hooks for the strap to will snap off after a full day at a con. Can anybody recommend me a good way to connect the strap, or even show a picture of how you did it yourself? It would be much appreciated.

Okay it's apparently any 3" bolt that will hold the stock to the shroud. I need to get some fairly sturdy.

Wes, this doesn't make much sense - the shoulder stock attaches to the thompson, and the entire unit is encapsulated by the shroud. There's no connection between the shroud and the stock.

If you can post a picture of what you're trying to connect, we might be able to help, a bit better. I'm just finishing up (again) my MiM pulse rifle.

Hey Wes, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.

I'm building a Spatcave PR kit and the thing is pretty sturdy, but I'm worried about the shoulder strap. It connects at both ends of the gun, but I can't find any pictures that really answer for me how it's connected. Furthermore, it obviously worked on the original guns because they had a solid Thompson with bent sheet steel from one end to the other, where the Spatcave is plastic. I can bolt the pieces together to make them hold pretty much permanently, but I worry that whatever I connect the hooks for the strap to will snap off after a full day at a con. Can anybody recommend me a good way to connect the strap, or even show a picture of how you did it yourself? It would be much appreciated.

As it stands, I don't think a Spulse can be slung, out of the box, because of the resin/ABS pieces he includes for the barrel vent and shoulder stock.

If you want to add a sling, you'll need to either track down someone with a metal replacement set, or find one of the guides, for making your own, from sheet steel. I think there are a few people on Aliens Legacy, who are making their own.

The metal sets (that were available a long time ago), had sling rings welded onto them. I was lucky enough to get in on that run, way back when.

Good luck.

-Fred

Even if I could find somebody making them, they'd probably be out of my budget for this build. And the metal vent holes would still just be stuck to a plastic barrel stuck to the plastic SPAS. I have an idea for how I might be able to attach the back end using two large bolts, a small one, and a metal washer, but I still haven't figured out a way to attach the front end. If anybody knows where I might be able to get a reasonably priced metal barrel vent with the ring for the sling, I'm all ears.

Sorry, but yes, it's a 3" long bolt or screw. Anything long enough to get through the stock and into the shroud to hold it on.

As for a sling, I attach it to the back of the shroud and the front of the SPAS cage. It's the strongest way to do it. Attaching it to the barrel and the stock will just snap it off.

I have info on that detailed in the FAQ on my website:

Rifle FAQ

And the metal vent holes would still just be stuck to a plastic barrel stuck to the plastic SPAS.

That's how it is with my MiM kit, as well. The metal set included the barrel vent, the barrel mount triangle/sling attachment and the sliding stock.

I glued both halves of the SPAS cage together, and passed a both through the front triangle mount, through the cage and secured it with a nut. Then the nut was secured in place with apoxie sculpt. The I attached the vent to the cage by passing a bolt through the vent and cage and securing with a nut. Then I attached the front GL block.

The only problem with my metal set (and it may be true for all from that run, or just mine), is that the sling attachment loop, on the stock, is on the wrong side (if you're a righty). The way it's currently mounted, you'd never be able to sling the rifle and bring it to a ready position, without taking the sling off, first.

Sorry, but yes, it's a 3" long bolt or screw. Anything long enough to get through the stock and into the shroud to hold it on.

As for a sling, I attach it to the back of the shroud and the front of the SPAS cage. It's the strongest way to do it. Attaching it to the barrel and the stock will just snap it off.

I have info on that detailed in the FAQ on my website:

Rifle FAQ

My appologies, Spat. I wasn't aware of how your PR was broken down. I though it was done like the MiM kit - thompson as one piece, 2 shroud halves, 2 part spas cage, barrel, vent, shoulder stock, magazine, base plate, assorted plates, front block and pump grip.

I spend so much time looking checking out your grenades and VP70, that I never bothered to look at the rifle itself :cool

-Fred

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back