Need help buying QGJ LE saber from MR

Originally posted by Avalon X@Feb 9 2006, 02:52 PM
The deal is, I have a gift card with a balance. I was hoping to kill off that card and put the remaining balance on another card, but MR won't split up the order.

They also don't take paypal, which would essentially do exactly what I want to do..

So what should I do?
[snapback]1179979[/snapback]​

Go to Western Union and get a Money Order from the gift card. Then deposit the MO to your bank account. Charge the whole amount to the other card and use the deposit to pay the bill when it comes.

Do I understand the situation correctly? MR will let you use your gift card only if the cost of the item(s) you want are equal to or greater than the value of the card? (If greater than, you would of course have to make up the balance.)

But they won't let you use the card to make a purchase for less than the value of the card, and shift the balance to a new card?

:confused

I just checked the MR site for information about buying a gift card, but didn't find anything. Are we talking about an "MR gift card"? Basically, an MR-specific gift certificate? If so, how as it purchased in the first place?

Perhaps the problem is one of semantics. If the gift cards are available for purchase, maybe MR will allow you to "buy" another gift card as part of your QGJ saber order, even though they won't let you "shift" the balance of your card to a new card?

The end result would be pretty much the same from your perspective.

I get the feeling I may have misunderstood the situation. :$

Yeah, they don't offer gift cards at MR, or I could buy one in the amount of my existing Visa gift card, give it to myself and apply it to the purchase of the QG.

The only other way to unload the gift card is to cash it out, but they change a fee for that....

Anyone with paypal wanna do a humane service?

So this is a Visa gift card. And you are wanting to take that has more than the cost of the Qui Gon LE on it, use that to buy the LE and then take the extra and move it to another Visa Gift Card? MR can't do that at all.

Now if the second card has less than the Qui Gon, you might be able to get MR to split the cost across both cards, using up the one with less and leaving the rest on the one with more.

BTW, if someone would allow you to send them the money via PayPal, they would be charged a fee as well (the Visa gift card should look like a normal Visa card to PayPal, so credit card fees apply).

Originally posted by WookieGunner@Feb 9 2006, 07:35 PM
So this is a Visa gift card.  And you are wanting to take that has more than the cost of the Qui Gon LE on it, use that to buy the LE and then take the extra and move it to another Visa Gift Card?  MR can't do that at all. 

Now if the second card has less than the Qui Gon, you might be able to get MR to split the cost across both cards, using up the one with less and leaving the rest on the one with more.

BTW, if someone would allow you to send them the money via PayPal, they would be charged a fee as well (the Visa gift card should look like a normal Visa card to PayPal, so credit card fees apply).
[snapback]1180022[/snapback]​

The gift card has 160 credit.

The other card is just a regular credit card to carry the remaining balance.

Ok. so by "put remain balance" you meant to split the charge across two cards. Sorry, thought you meant that you would have some left over on the gift card.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back