Need HELP - Anakin AOTC cloak actual fabric?

nwjedidave

Sr Member
I've asked for years for anyone's help with actual pictures (exhibit or otherwise) of the fabric used on Anakin's Attack of the Clones cloak.

I have screen captures and pictures that show me the fabric is a brick wall type pattern, but I have never seen the cloak in person.

Does ANYONE out there have pictures of the actual fabric used? Thanks!

Are you looking for the other fabrics too? Because I have sources for everything with the exception of the cloak fabric. I have a few small pieces left of the cloak fabric.

Last edited:
Anakkin2.jpg
diane_anakin2.jpg
anakin_and_padme_wedding_costumes___exhibit_by_jewel_firefly_d8j087i-pre.jpg
These show the texture of the screen used pretty well.

DSCN4206.JPG
DSCN4133.JPG
DSCN4139.JPG
DSCN4143.JPG
DSCN4199.JPG
DSCN4200.JPG
DSCN4201.JPG
DSCN4200.JPG
DSCN4201.JPG
DSCN4202.JPG
DSCN4203.JPG
DSCN4204.JPG
DSCN4205.JPG
DSCN4206.JPG
DSCN2564.JPG
DSCN3143.JPG
DSCN3145.JPG
DSCN3232.JPG
DSCN3236.JPG
DSCN3236.JPG
DSCN3241.JPG
DSCN3247.JPG
DSCN3249.JPG
DSCN4056.JPG
DSCN4057.JPG
DSCN4058.JPG
DSCN4059.JPG
DSCN4060.JPG
Here is the material I was able to find. As I said I have a little of it left though not enough to make a cloak. If you like I can send you some if you pay shipping. Here are some shots of a commission I did with the materials I was able to find.

Attachments

• DSCN4137.JPG
    DSCN4137.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
excellent thanks! My curiosity has always been with just the outer cloak, but great pictures!
Do you happen to remember what the fabric was called? I don't want to know how much time I spent online looking at UK fabrics!

I always felt the cloak fabric was a lot heavier than the tunic fabric, but then there are the scenes with Watto which you can see through the cloak. Now that I think about it I kind of remember someone here selling fabric that was very close in the pattern but needed to be dyed the correct color.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you! I was selling these very fabrics a while back, though none of these needed to be dyed. This particular fabric that I was able to source was just a wool coating fabric of some sort. The screen used tunic fabric is actually raw silk noil and my replica was made of the exact same thing. It is lightweight but when layered it looks thicker than it is.

The wool fabric I had was thicker/ medium weight but had a semi loose weave which is likely what the screen used fabric has. Because of this you can easily see light pass through it in certain shots in the film and mine reacted the same. Much the same way that Luke's cloak fabric in ROTJ was thick but loosely woven and light could pass through it easily.

Again if you like I have a piece or two left over I can send you if you pay for the shipping. I found my wool online but it was imported from Japan.

This is exactly what I purchased though they have long been sold out:

https://www.denverfabrics.com/p222697_61305-walnut-brown-wool-jacketing

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, it's the same fabric that was used on Darth Maul's hooded robe. Someone was selling that too, a few years back, but I can't remember if it was Psab

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back