Need Feedback On My Sculpture.

EscapeDesignFX

I have begun a Predator mask. While I do a number of creature creations this is my first Predator. I've heard the population here at the Hunters Lair are the best source of critique for such projects. Please look at my sculptor and tell me what you think. Its not 100% complete, which is why I would like your feedback.

Unfortunately I can't seem to upload the photo to an album. I think its because I am new.

EDS%20Predator.jpg
hanks everyone.

And any info you can provide on setting up a photo album here would be very useful. :)

I have begun a Predator mask. While I do a number of creature creations this is my first Predator. I've heard the population here at the Hunters Lair are the best source of critique for such projects. Please look at my sculptor and tell me what you think. Its not 100% complete, which is why I would like your feedback.

Unfortunately I can't seem to upload the photo to an album. I think its because I am new.

Thanks everyone.

And any info you can provide on setting up a photo album here would be very useful. :)

Nah, it not coz your new - the sites imaging systems are down so we can't upload any pictures in our galleries but its being looked into.

That is one mean lookng pred head however, nice work with the details. I like the overall concept that you have going there, great work

Look forward to seeing more creations

I like the sculpt, i think it looks more beasty, wild, almost insect-like, as if it would be one of the earlier predators before they became more civilized and hightech.
Maybe hard to say, but the head(brain!) seems smaller in my eyes then what i've perceived from seeing other sculpts, wich is another factor that made me think that maybe it could be one of the earlier predators.
Really nice detail work.

You said that you're just working on a mask at the moment, but i just want to ask to get more perspective and maybe help come up with a few ideas if i'm capable, i don't know what your plans are, how this predator is suppose to be like, more advanced? the same? or more prehistoric then the current predators we've seen.
Just interested =)

It's looking really good, and i'm looking forward to see the progress of this, keep up the good work!

I like the sculpt, i think it looks more beasty, wild, almost insect-like, as if it would be one of the earlier predators before they became more civilized and hightech.
i just want to ask to get more perspective and maybe help come up with a few ideas if i'm capable, i don't know what your plans are, how this predator is suppose to be like, more advanced? the same? or more prehistoric then the current predators we've seen.

I really just let it take me where it wanted to go for this first one. I've been learning a lot looking around the site. Hadn't considered the pre-historic reference or the Predator as a neanderthal idea... awesome concept those. I do intend to create a whole suit. I plan to put the finishing touches on this sculpture and mold by next week. Looking forward to the peeling this one out of the mold. Any ideas for the suit or mask are welcome. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the system, and thanks for checking out the sculpture. I'm really having a great time with the project. Any tips?

i also thought prehistoric pred, with him having a smaller brain case and larger jaws. you said you just went where it took you. that is the feeling i get from this. it looks good though. but not exactly like the preds in the movies. their face are actually quite small compared to the size of their crowns/domes.

over all it is good, you have really nice detail and a great expression.

I have to admit i thought at first look prehistoric all the way i have alot of ideas about the weapons and them being very primal looking not so futuristic just a battle axe maybe a crude cross bow "just a thought"

Very Cool sculpt. I have to agree with xdmray about the proportions. Compared to the traditional Predator we are used to seeing, which have a smaller face and larger crest/dome, yours seems to have the opposite. A larger, more bulked out face and a smaller less predominant crest. Not that it's wrong by any means, just doesn't follow the common structure. It definitely leads to the more Primitive Pred look everyone is describing. Still really cool though.

And yeah, pictures of the back would be good to see too. From here it looks like the dread holes start much further back than normal, and it looks like you have far fewer but it's hard to be sure.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions everyone. I finally finished the first copy and posted it below. I intend to add more ornamentation to the dreds before taking the photo, but apparently forgot. I really just wanted to gauge the Hunter's Lair reaction. It;s really just a test run. The photo was taken with my android phone, so I'm not thrilled about that, but it gives you an idea. Let me know what you think. Thanks again.
Predator1.jpg

predator2.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back