Need cutter advice please.... which one?? Craft Robo cc200-20b or Silhouette Cameo 2

DJHicks

Hi folks.

Can experienced users/owners of these machines please shed some light on which would be better.

I'm looking at either the Craft Robo CC200-20b (£100/$155) or the Silhouette Cameo 2 (£250/$387) so you can see why I'd like to save the money if possible! If the Craft Robo is a lot worse then the Cameo then I'd pay the extra over saving money and then not being happy!

This will be used for Pepakura thus cutting and perforated/scored lines.... So which is best... can people please list pros and cons etc? Can one of them print straight from Pepakura Designer if not which has the easiest way of converting/exporting for print process etc.

Thank you all in advance!!!!!!!!

Re: Need cutter advice please.... which one?? Craft Robo cc200-20b or Silhouette Came

Cameo for sure. I have one. I love it. Will work for pepakura, in fact Tamasoft has a version made just for it.

Re: Need cutter advice please.... which one?? Craft Robo cc200-20b or Silhouette Came

I have the silhouette portrait and I've been thrilled with it. I haven't thrown a paper/vinyl/fabric cutting challenge at it that it hasn't been able to handle. The deciding factor for me was the good packaged tracing (cut path) software, rather than pre-designed cut path cartridges like the cri-cut. The craft Robo I'm not familiar with, but the portrait is good (and costs less) unless you need the extra cut area of the cameo.

I have the Cameo (One?).. not sure of the differences/updates with the II (touch screen?)

ahh..
touchscreen
steel spring rollers
cross-cutter groove
storage department (drawer/door) for your extra blades?
sleep mode
12 inch cutting width (I though mine had that as well though?)

Not sure what the roll feeder is all about? (comes with? built in? extra part to purchase?) I thought I had read mine could also use rolls (up to 10 feet long)?

Anywho.. I vote Cameo as well..

I use ti for sort of things.. (and saves me money as well)

stickers
masks/stencils for painting or sandblasting
pepakura
I think I have even read about people using theirs to cut fondant? (Sp) for cakes..etc
I use mine to cut solder paste stencils for my SMD electronics/pcb's..etc

Does the cameo do the score lines as well as cutting?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back