Need Advice on Mold Making and Casting

Originally posted by saberlover+Aug 24 2005, 11:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saberlover @ Aug 24 2005, 11:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by 1zzy@Aug 22 2005, 12:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-1zzy
@Aug 22 2005, 12:25 PM
So the negative cuts in the cheeks won't be a major issue. Also where is the link to the kit I should get from smooth-on? Thanks all.
[snapback]1062939[/snapback]​

Is this the kit - http://www.smooth-on.com/Getting%20Started.asp:
Silicone SuperSampler™
Each Silicone SuperSampler™ contains working samples of OOMOO™ 30 silicone mold rubber and Smooth-Cast™ 300 liquid plastic, Ease Release™ 815 release agent for silicone, SuperSeal™ , and the "How to Make Molds & Castings" booklet.
$25.00

How much material do you get in it (ie. a pint of each bottle)? Just wondering if it is a good deal or if I should just get a pint of Smooth-Cast 300 and Mold Max 30.
[snapback]1062947[/snapback]​

I just got this kit in the mail today... IT IS WORTH IT.......lol. I was expecting something smaller... There is a lot of material to play with. I reccommend it. You even get two small little sample pieces to show the quality of the finished materials...
[snapback]1064790[/snapback]​
[/b]

There is sample pieces in the box? I didn't even get that far yet. Pulled out the instructions and the mold liquid and already started poured the first half of my mold. Interesting that the Part A is Pink and the Part B is blue. Also interesting that Part A is really thick and sorta sticky and Part B flows like water. Guess tomorrow morning I will get to see how the first part turned out and flip it over for the second half.

Have to see what pieces I got in my box....

Finally got everything done and started casting helmets. Thanks all for your help. Here is a recent pic...
rc_082605_01.jpg

BTW - if anyone wants one or a set PM me.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back